A video of our first Eurotrip! (1 Viewer)

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Enjoyed that...can you give details of your video setup........nice smooth camera.......what type how was it connectd to the dash.....how long do you have recording ?

Nice one.......good music too............what did you edit it in ??.:Smile:

barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Great video enjoyed it and loved the music.

Naughty Naughty though filming in the Channel Tunnel a major offence.

Sonja

Looking forward to the next ones.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Thanks all!

The camera is a ContourHD - http://contour.com/ which records up to 1080p, however, the video was recorded in 720p HD to save space.

It takes a MicroSD card and with a 16gb card can record quite a few hours, even in 1080p.

It was originally designed for skiers and is used quite a bit by the BBC for their "Helmet Cam" shots (along with their rival GoPro camera).

I used one of the supplied mounts and simply veclro'd it to the dash so that I didn't have to damage the dash. The quality suffers a little as it has to meter through the windscreen, but it's still pretty good.

I bought it for recording my Mountain Biking, but thought I'd give it a go in the MH.

As for editing, I use Corel Videostudio Pro X4 - http://www.corel.com/corel/product/...550067&segid=1153&storeKey=gb&languageCode=en

Great simple but powerful package.

As for filiming in the tunnel, the woman-person-whatever-she's called, watched me do it and also allowed me to take some photos providing I didn't use a flash? But have also read that you are not supposed to, but when I looked on Youtube, there's hundreds on there, so thought I've give it a go, just turned it off whilst driving through Passport control.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
What a great idea, have been thinking of something like this for some time, just a couple of questions, can you power it via the cig lighter or is it battery only? and what is the longest it can record? Thanks.:thumb::thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Very good Craig as for the tunnel one of the guys working on it took a picture of us with our cam he said as long as no flash is used they dont mind.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
What a great idea, have been thinking of something like this for some time, just a couple of questions, can you power it via the cig lighter or is it battery only? and what is the longest it can record? Thanks.:thumb::thumb:

It can be charged via the ciggy lighter, however, I've never tried using it at the same time? I'm sure it will be ok. A battery will last about 1 hour 30mins, my kit came with 3 batteries.

I'll try and find out what the length of recording is. Of course, the lower the quality you set it to, the longer you will get. Also, the bigger MicroSD you put in there (or multiples of and change) the longer you get.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Great video Craig, bought back a few memories of our trips to Bruge, thanks for sharing it with us. :thumb:

Brisey.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Liked the film, have done the same only using a Panasonic Camcorder around Scotland, when small cassettes of 1hour were used.
I used a tripod on floor and powered by a 240volt inverter through mains charger. I have always used Sony Vegas for editing, but it can become quite a job when you have a few hours to edit, but well worth it in the end.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Very nice, brings some memories.

I didn't know you couldn't film the border controls or the tunnel (any idea why not, are they just shy or is there some better reason?):Eeek:.
My DVR cam runs all the time the ignition is on, though it is not prominently visible and the only way you can see its running is a very dim flashing light on the back which is almost invisible in daylight so not likely anyone would notice.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Very nice, brings some memories.

I didn't know you couldn't film the border controls or the tunnel (any idea why not, are they just shy or is there some better reason?):Eeek:.
My DVR cam runs all the time the ignition is on, though it is not prominently visible and the only way you can see its running is a very dim flashing light on the back which is almost invisible in daylight so not likely anyone would notice.

Hi
Whats a DVR cam?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Craig,

We'd have had more fun if you had filmed the assembling of the lounge bed as well!!!::bigsmile:

Very watchable clip though!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back