Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As a lot will know my RV is on a number of sites for sale from Ebay to PreLoved to Friday add and also Gumtree.

This morning I decided to change the advert to just reflect the RV at £22,500 with the goodies all removed.. took a fair bit of edit work, but it is now done.

So I check my work and all OK... I look at Gumtree and look for my advert.. no trouble.. however I find a similar size RV that is a 2003 with 40k miles and a slide out.. B class .. at just over £6k:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

is this for real I ask myself... £20k would be about right.. but £6k ... as it is not on an auction site it leads me to ask why? and again why?

I sent the person advertising it and asked why it was so cheap and what was wrong with it.. but no answer.

Is it some form of rip off I do not know?

Bob

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Good chance to be.
There was a Winnie on ebay as a buy it now 4k and a bit. You had to mail him before bidding or buy now.
lasted a few hours then ebay took it off.
Scam many of us thought.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes I can see it if it was Ebay

Good chance to be.
There was a Winnie on ebay as a buy it now 4k and a bit. You had to mail him before bidding or buy now.
lasted a few hours then ebay took it off.
Scam many of us thought.

I would feel the same if it was on ebay.. but this is Gumtree and that means the deal has to be done direct... Perhaps it is not his RV? did not get a response to my email... but it is way way to cheap for a 2003 ...

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Good looking rig, a bargain at £6200, but not as nice as yours Bob.

LEXINGTON GRAND TOURING AMERICAN RV MOTORHOME 2003 for £6,200

And it doesn't have all the bits with it...........keep on Truckin' Bob
:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
just my penyworth Bob

I would drop this header.. puts doubts into a buyers mind

FOR SALE as purchaser could not complete... money? storage? BUT FOR SALE STILL.

May also take PX ....see below

and also the PX bit option at the end .. makes you sound like a dodgy dealer

Last edited:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Bob, lots of Gumtree vehicle scams out there.........VW camper vans are also big time scam numbers being offered on Gumtree and Autotrader, as well as ebay and other places........

usually ends up the seller is "out the country" qand needs an urgent sale at a knockdown price - you are then asked to pay via a third party "safe" place, called escrow and are directed to a dodgy website set up in 10 minutes by the thieves who grab the money via Western Union etc and bye bye money..........

Also via Gumtree, a buyer has arrived to purchase a "bargain" vehicle, cash in hand, only to be attacked by the thugs waiting for him and the money taken by force - no vehicle ever existed.

If its a crazy low price, it usually is far too good to be true.......

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Bob, I have just sold my Winnebago, and it had been for sale for about a year.
Loosely advertised at first, then e-bay, pistonheads, local free web sites, forums, and even sending a pm to persons on the forums looking to buy, and all to no avail.
I had penniless millionaires come for a look, i had the usual nosey parkers, people offering 2/3rds of the asking price, people wanting to exchange old and worn out euroboxes, people who would buy(once they had sold theirs), even someone told me quite adamantly that the bottom was about to fall out of the RV market and if i didn't sell soon i would never get rid of it! i had to stay focussed and not be swayed.
I wasn't in a rush to sell, so i could hold on.
Eventually it went to a chap who lives less than a mile from me, just because he saw me cleaning the RV at the storage facility.

So, stick by your guns, and bide your time(if you can), and it will sell, you know what it is worth, and you know what you will take for it.
Patience, Bob, patience.

Good luck,

Craig

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
There seems to be a lot of spoof adverts on Gumtree. I have no idea why they put them on but it must entertain the poster somehow.
I recently replyed to a ad for a surfboard. It sold on ebay for £226 a week later a copy of the ad appeared on gumtree selling it for £100. I sent a email saying I was interested but never got a reply. I have noticed similar things over the past few months.
It is aways ads without a phone number.

Andy

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a cynical person might think its a marketing tool by gumtree, trying to make it look like real bargains can be bought using their website. thats why you never get a reply from emails sent

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I saw a lateish low miles S320CDI Mercedes on Gumtree, far too cheap for year and miles'

some form of scam no doubt.

Peter

robinwickens

Free Member
Oct 3, 2012
Bromyard
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2nd Year
RV's

Been very surprised at the number of cheap RV's that I've seen lately!
Has the bottom dropped?
I wouldn't buy one 'cause I think that it would cost us too much to run (being poor as we are!) but many of the adds out there seem very attractive if you approach the research correctly.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
What? WHAT??? 6 grand, PX ? wonder if they'd take a well used Picasso Station Wagon with 60000 miles , that way I'd have a M/H for each foot::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back