A trip to the USA

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by keith, May 5, 2009.

1. keith

keith Funster

We are considering going to Florida for 2 or 3 months next winter, from mid January. We have been to Southern Europe for the last 5 years & fancy a change next year.

Anyone have any contacts for renting an RV/MH over there? We have been to Florida a few times & i'm sure we can have a pleasent 2 or 3 months in the florida sunshine.

I will say now I dont want to buy one & sell on returning home, just a simple rental will do us.

2. RuthRv

RuthRv Read Only Funster

Hi Keith & Jean,
    Don't know how true it is but I was told that to rent a m/h out in the usa isn't cheap, but then again times have changed, so there may be some ren:thumb:tal bargains to be had, good luck,

3. irishrver

irishrver Read Only Funster

renting motorhomes is not cheap but a lot of rv dealers are now starting to rent out some of their older rv's that have been on the lot for a while, so choice might be limited but start emailing the smaller dealers. saw quite a few dealers in orlando with signs on the roadside rv's to rent / buy or go online to some of the american sites and enquire from owners who might want to rent / swap for 3 or 4 months.

4. Shore-is-Good

Shore-is-Good Read Only Funster

Hi,

I'm in Florida at the moment and there are plenty of RVs for rent. Jan Feb March are busy months here as the folk from the north (Snow Birds) swarm down to sunnier climes so the prices may be slightly higher but that's just an educated guess. The best place to start is by typing "RV rentals Florida" into Google. I just did that and hundreds appeared!

5. keith

keith Funster

But you have no idea how good or bad they are. :Wink:

I was hoping that someone had been & done it & had some personal experience or recommendations. So far no one has offered. :Sad:

6. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Hi Keith

Hopefully we will be back in Florida just after Christmas maye be meet up with a few of us Brits while your there

Ian