Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We are considering going to Florida for 2 or 3 months next winter, from mid January. We have been to Southern Europe for the last 5 years & fancy a change next year.

Anyone have any contacts for renting an RV/MH over there? We have been to Florida a few times & i'm sure we can have a pleasent 2 or 3 months in the florida sunshine.

I will say now I dont want to buy one & sell on returning home, just a simple rental will do us.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Keith & Jean,
Don't know how true it is but I was told that to rent a m/h out in the usa isn't cheap, but then again times have changed, so there may be some ren:thumb:tal bargains to be had, good luck,

irishrver

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Cork Ireland
Funster No
MH
us rv
Exp
renting motorhomes is not cheap but a lot of rv dealers are now starting to rent out some of their older rv's that have been on the lot for a while, so choice might be limited but start emailing the smaller dealers. saw quite a few dealers in orlando with signs on the roadside rv's to rent / buy or go online to some of the american sites and enquire from owners who might want to rent / swap for 3 or 4 months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shore-is-Good

Free Member
Aug 26, 2008
Somewhere warm
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Hi,

I'm in Florida at the moment and there are plenty of RVs for rent. Jan Feb March are busy months here as the folk from the north (Snow Birds) swarm down to sunnier climes so the prices may be slightly higher but that's just an educated guess. The best place to start is by typing "RV rentals Florida" into Google. I just did that and hundreds appeared!

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi,

I'm in Florida at the moment and there are plenty of RVs for rent. Jan Feb March are busy months here as the folk from the north (Snow Birds) swarm down to sunnier climes so the prices may be slightly higher but that's just an educated guess. The best place to start is by typing "RV rentals Florida" into Google. I just did that and hundreds appeared!

But you have no idea how good or bad they are. :winky:

I was hoping that someone had been & done it & had some personal experience or recommendations. So far no one has offered. :Sad:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Hi Keith

Hopefully we will be back in Florida just after Christmas maye be meet up with a few of us Brits while your there

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back