A tip for those travelling in Eastern Europe (1 Viewer)

E

EricOnTour2

Deleted User
Hi All,

For those planning to venture into Eastern Europe, eg. Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece etc...

As you probably know there aren't any (well, very limited) places for motorhomes to park and hook up to the electric, and when away for a while this can be a problem. What we've done on many occasions is parked in a petrol station and asked nicely to hook up to their electricity for a few hours.

Each time we've asked we've had a positive response and this has been extremely useful for us to recharge batteries & the 12v etc

We've only done it in the evening, so it's quieter and as I say each time it's been succesful.

Hope this is useful :thumb:

James, in Greece

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Guys
I have loved reading the blog and insist you turn it into a book. The pictures and info is great. I bet your Mums are proud of you.:winky: Well at least they can see that your OK and doing fine. keep it up and hope to read more.
Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

EricOnTour2

Deleted User
good tip if you have the nerve to ask :thumb:

cant see it ever happening in the UK though:Doh::ROFLMAO:

At first we were a bit unsure whether or not to ask, but we had nothing to lose so just went for it! The language barrier has been a bit of an issue at times, but nothing a bit of sign language and incessant smiling can't solve. :winky:

I think it would depend on who you speak to at a service station in the UK. If it's a younger person and nobody else is around I don't think they'd care too much and allow it - but if you get a jobsworth then you might struggle.

Hi Guys
I have loved reading the blog and insist you turn it into a book. The pictures and info is great. I bet your Mums are proud of you.:winky: Well at least they can see that your OK and doing fine. keep it up and hope to read more.
Sonja

Thanks Sonja, I appreciate the comments! Trust me, if I could/can I would make it into a book in an instant... don't think it'd be that easy though!

James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back