A somewhat wet disappointment (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
I don't understand blogs.

I hear what your saying.

The problem is a blog can be many different things to different people. They can just be a simple diary of what someone is doing day to day or they can be a full on online magazine mostly written by one person about a specific subject. They can be fun or very technical. They are really whatever the author wants it to be written in the style he wants. Some write blogs just for themselves and others in the hope (like me) that some people like what they write and get either some pleasure or helpful information from their blog.

The trouble is the term 'blog' is somewhat very vague.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Where do I have to go to "read more"?
Couldn't I just read more here?
JJ :cool:

You are not the first to challenge this JJ.

He gives us a taster and puts the bulk in his blog. Saves him double/tripple posting, saves Jim storage costs. Saves us reading a load of drivel, or not as the case may be.

So, a bit odd but not all bad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I hear what your saying.

...Snipped...

or they can be a full on online magazine mostly written by one person about a specific subject. They can be fun or very technical. They are really whatever the author wants it to be written in the style he wants. Some write blogs just for themselves and others in the hope (like me) that some people like what they write and get either some pleasure or helpful information from their blog.

My point is...

We already HAVE an "online magazine" compiled by the members of Fun and enjoyed on the Fun website...

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
My point is...

We already HAVE an "online magazine" compiled by the members of Fun and enjoyed on the Fun website...

I think you may be missing the point here. I was just explaining what, in my opinion, a blog is in general terms not specifically my blog in the attempt to help Chris who posted that he didn't understand what a blog was.

Also may I respectfully point out your signature has a link to YOUR blog which goes against everything you have said about taking people away from the site and the online magazine comment?

In case you were not aware if you click on to someones profile there is an ignore link on the top right where if you click it, I assume, it will stop you being bothered by peoples posts who you dislike. I honestly won't be offended if you click mine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back