A solution to rear TV speakers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Chaumo, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Chaumo

Chaumo Funster

Our Avtex TV has rear facing speakers and is mounted on a swinging arm. When we slommock about on the beds at the rear we have to increase the volume as the tv does not back onto anything. To resolve this we tried some Bluetooth speakers with apt-x ( this being an acceptable standard to reduce audio to vision time-lag) and a bluetooth transmitter with apt-x plugged into the earphone socket of the set. Everything worked but the time-lag was still unacceptable. In the end we opted for this weeks bargain:- http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4043496.htm
    2 tiny speakers joined by usb cable that plugs into the head phone socket. No need for bluetooth. Excellent sound. No sound kicking out of the rear of the tv. The cable also charges the speakers.

• Like Like x 5
  2. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Excellent tip! We have the same problem. We have a set of speakers hanging around somewhere, I'm going to try this tomorrow!
    Thanks @Chaumo ! :)(y)

3. Phill D

Phill D

have the same problem, we now use the KS Hive; great sound, compact ; hard wire or bluetooth and can be used with your phone as it has a mic.
    hive.jpg

4. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Funster

Just ordered some thanks for the heads up.

5. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Wired ours to the head unit in the dash, using the vans 6 built in speakers gives much better sound than any of these little speakers and no batteries to replace.

• Like Like x 1
  6. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

I have been looking for a solution to this problem for ages. Thanks for the tip
    Just to make sure I am reading this correctly....
    If I get a 3.5mm jack male to male cable , plug one end into the headphone socket on the TV and the other to the AUX socket on the van radio, select AUX on the radio should the TV play through the van speakers?

7. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Got a pair of USB powered speakers connected to TV.
    £10 when I got them.
    Great sound for their size.

8. mentaliss

mentaliss

We had the same problem September last year, as with most LED/LCD TV's) audio comes from the back of the unit as does most TV's bought for the house hench the marketing of the so called 'Sound Bars'. We sorted this by mounting our 19" cello TV on a drop down bracket fixed to the ceiling at the end of the transverse bed, wired in a Laptop 'Edifier' 3 Speaker system (subwoofer, two side speakers) connected to the Earphones TV out 3.5mm socket, we may introduce an in-line headphone amp to enhance the volume...also now looking at replacing this sound system with our just recently purchased Samsung Sound Bar..and so on...

9. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Funster

Hi there just picked up speakers
    And tried them proper job thanks again for the tip.

10. Speve

Speve Funster

@lennyhb Any details as to how do this would be much appreciated thanks Lenny in anticipation.

11. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I drilled a hole in the floor under the kitchen unit and routed the cables along and across the chassis and back into the cab via the battery box. I used split flexable conduit to protect the cables, my reversing camera cable takes the same route.

12. Speve

Speve Funster

@lennyhb Thanks Lenny going to take a look and see if Ican do likewise.:xsmile: