a sobering video (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I have seen this before , and its a sobering thought.:whatthe:
Do you reckon anything was actually fixed down inside the habitation area though ?
Everything seemed to come apart break and fly about . Granted it looks like an old rotten shed of a MH but even if it was , i wouldn't have thought all that debris would be flying around inside.
Just shows keep heavy stuff low , travel light and don't carry junk if you don't need to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
From my experience, motorhomers are one of the safest drivers on the road, won't speed as it just drinks the fuel, are the most relaxed drivers that could grace our roads and take full care and consideration of other road users. Not surprising either when we've a home directly behind us.

Been onto you tube and there a few crash tests involving motorhomes and they're all as sobering as each other.

Safe motoring Funsters :thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
On my first trip to France I came across a motorhome that had left the road on a tight bend. Speed limit well signed.

There were a few cushions and a pile of scrap wood and metal lying beside the chassis which was on its side. No way could I make out the make and model of the van. I don't know if anyone survived that crash.

The police were still there trying to slow the traffic down as most drivers were ignoring the recommended speed on approaching that bend.

John

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
well we now know how a Eurobox crumbles would be interesting to see how a yank tank fairs in a similar test

not sure if the body would detach from the base chassis as easily as that one did as we all know just how flimsy they are inside to keep weight down are they reducing safety???

most yanks are A class (not in class A) plus built on a much heaver chassis
the fitting are so much more robust
i am not going to test out the theory on mine :Eeek:

safe driving every one

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
well we now know how a Eurobox crumbles would be interesting to see how a yank tank fairs in a similar test

not sure if the body would detach from the base chassis as easily as that one did as we all know just how flimsy they are inside to keep weight down are they reducing safety???

safe driving every one

mkany years ago we took the body of a winnbago and they had just bent the side of the original van in and bashed them down before mounting a body on top

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time

safe driving every one

Link Removed

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
There was a rear end shunt on the motorway near me a few years ago and to be honest i wouldnt of given anyone in the rear much chance as it was totally caved in at the back and pushed out at the sides, only the cab appeared to not suffer damage as such from the outside, the inside of course was probably a disaster area with stuff flying around, and it wasnt an old motorhome really (modern style front overcab)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I don`t want to think about this scaremongering while i`m off on happy hols with my kids and smashed bodies.
If we all looked at every transport related problem ,none of us would venture out side.
If the sh*t hits the fan, so be it, i don`t want to think about it when i`m driving along every day.

I like to think of Motor homing as Cliff Richard in the Summer Holiday film ,having a laugh --in sunny France :ROFLMAO::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back