A short film for all to see and ponder .... (1 Viewer)

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
If the UK's RSPB(irds) and RSPCA(nimals) could stop their political posturing (and the latter stop wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds on fighting fox hunting) they could devote some of their fatuously wasted energies towards
making a small contribution to dealing with this truly terrible problem.

http://www.midwayfilm.com

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
It so saddens me to be part of the most destructive inept animals on the planet. :Sad:

Truly terrible..
:Sad:

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Until people businesses and governments acknowledge their actions may have a global impact things will not change. People damage their own immediate environment and couldn't care less. It is an uphill struggle to educate these morons.
Thank you for posting the link. Doubt though that people will realise it is their rubbish causing this damage, it is always someone else's responsibility.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Oh, this is really dreadfully sad, seeing things like this make me so angry:Sad:

People can be so selfish and thoughtless, it makes you wonder if they would change their habits even after viewing this...........so tragic.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
It's not all bad news...some progress is being made.

Several years various organisations started putting pressure on the Welsh Assembly to inroduce charging for single use carrier bags, in order to reduce the amount thrown away. This was part of a campaign to alert governments and the public about the harm being done to marine life. Not just albatrosses, but leather back turtles, who mistake floating bags for jellyfish and eat them.

As a result, we in Wales now have to pay 5p per carrier bag. When the new rule came in, retail organisations tried to stop it, saying it was an unfair extra charge on the public, who would need to keep buying the bags.

Result: carrier bag usage in Wales has dropped > 90%. The vast majority of the public aren't complaining because they re-use their bags. Northern Ireland have started a similar scheme. Scotland are discussing it.

(Hmmm.....guess who's missing?)

One of the main organisations who pushed for this to happen was the RSPB.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Education is urgently required.

People just dont care.

If children see the parents throw cigs and coke cans out of the car.
The children think its normal.

They have no idea what rubish does to animals.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
How many people who have posted here chuck away plastic bottles,
All the post say how sad is and so forth, I for one have not thrown away any plastic for the last 8 years, I wonder how many on here can say that, and no I do not have a massive hoard of plastic, it ether gets reused or recycled

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Education is urgently required.

People just [HI]dont care.[/HI]

If children see the parents throw cigs and coke cans out of the car.
The children think its normal.

They have no idea what rubish does to animals.

I don't think in general that it's that they don't care. I think that it's they don't know or don't remember when it matters. (your examples I think are a minority)

The government could make a real difference here and legislate. Yup, I know I am against laws in general but this one could make real difference.

Being a scaley brat ( roughly speaking a military kid) I moved around a lot. I still do. The thing that bugs me at the moment is that when I go to my mums house, certain plastics can be bunged in the recycle bin and others can't. Then when I go to my sisters house I have to check which plastics can be recycled there. I have had to learn the codes on the bottom of containers to find out which type is which.

The government can make a win here. They can dictate to manufacturers that
a) Manufacturers can only use 2 types of plastic (maybe 3)
b) ALL councils have to recycle these particular plastics.
c) No product can be shipped with any packing materials that can't be recycled.
d) Fast food joints become responsible for all rubbish within a 5 mile radius with their logo on it, and all food they sell must be contained within packaging clearly marked with their logo.
e) Littering or waste dumping is a serious criminal offence on a par with assault.

This is the manufacturer and retailers controlled. Then it is down to educating the consumer.

We need to get to the stage where we have 3 bins. If it is packaging it goes in bin A, if it is food waste it goes in bin B. If it is sanitary waste it goes in Bin C. Bin C should be the only thing that goes to landfill.

Until it is made a no brainer for the consumer educating them is going to be hard.

PS: this is drunken ramblings so feel free to pull my ideas to bits...:Doh::winky:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Lidl have charged for bags for years, and they haven't done badly.

I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination and that about 20 years ago I had to pay for throw away bags in a lot of the big retailers. I guess they started giving them away free as a marketing ploy?

In Wales, Tescos, Sainsbury's, etc. give the money made from the new bag 'tax' to charity.

All the post say how sad is and so forth, I for one have not thrown away any plastic for the last 8 years, I wonder how many on here can say that, and no I do not have a massive hoard of plastic, it ether gets reused or recycled

The council here has a pretty good recycling scheme...a special bag for plastic, cans and foil. However....

The thing that bugs me at the moment is that when I go to my mums house, certain plastics can be bunged in the recycle bin and others can't. Then when I go to my sisters house I have to check which plastics can be recycled there. I have had to learn the codes on the bottom of containers to find out which type is which.

...same problem here. You put a plastic item that is marked as recyclable in the bag and sometimes it gets left in the bag by the recycling team because they do not think it is suitable. The plastic wrap material that goes around some packs of drink cans is an example.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back