A salutary experience for Motorhomers... (1 Viewer)

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
Yaaaayy.........Us too! Are we in? Well, are we......, are we ...............?

::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yaaaayy.........Us too! Are we in? Well, are we......, are we ...............?

::bigsmile:

No your out mate, people don't like your Jaffa cakes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

disclaimer, for those that don't know and are not in the "in circle" ciderman makes Jaffa cakes caked in quantro.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I've just read this thread again and I've come to this conclusion.

i have no idea what salutary means :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Am I missing something.

Does the OP earn money from the number that look at his blog.

If not what does he do wrong?

I enjoyed the blog.

Mel

Well if it was a money earning blog from ads and the like I can understand the objection and Jim should rightly ban any members "exploiting the membership" here.

We do have traders who benefit from being here and contributing however, so you have to careful where you draw that line.

I can see some feel strongly about the link being posted, I personally found it informative, I may not agree with his opinions on the site (had I been there) but I can see it from his point of view.

I enjoyed the read, thought some was relative (good food etc) some was "coloured" by the weather, which does change our mood somewhat when its crappy.

I think its like TV, I hate Corrie, so i turn it off, I dont go and campaign for it to be taken off tv...i feel thats the choice here too; many people post links with cryptic titles or straplines and you have to click to find out what its about - again, its choice.

Curious - click
Not Curious - click on by... :thumb:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
I've just read this thread again and I've come to this conclusion.

i have no idea what salutary means :ROFLMAO:

sal·u·tar·y
/ˈsalyəˌterē/
Adjective
(esp. with reference to something unwelcome or unpleasant) Producing good effects; beneficial.
Synonyms
wholesome - beneficial - salubrious - healthy - useful

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
for those that don't know and are not in the "in circle" ciderman makes Jaffa cakes caked in quantro.

What an inspired thing to do and then to walk all round Chester handing them out.

That is what FUN is about.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
It says at the top of the page... Fun and Facts for Motorhome Enthusiasts.

I feel your pain Frank! On another day it might have been better.

However I do think you should consider getting a satellite dish that gives you TV and broadband. I'd imagine you could put this wholly down to an expense as you need to keep in touch for your job. :thumb:

Interesting point of view.

We've been & if you think 10 minutes is a long time to check in in Europe, then try Spain or Germany or France.......

We found the site staff helpful & friendly. Ok, the internet back then , in 2010 was limited to a small hut, but available all day. Yes, the pitches were a bit muddy, but what do you expect in rainy weather?

The receptionist was right, you didn't have to stay there as there are dozens of sites within 20 kms.

As with most things in life, its all personal experience.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Jim, I want to be a prominent member. Can you please send me an application form?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Does that mean we have been 'Jaffa'd' ? A bit like being Tango'd but with alcohol?

I'll buy that, trouble was one was not enough. One packet maybe.

Failing that, StagingLady introduced us to biscuits dunked in brandy. Dinah now has a cunning plan, those trifle fingers dunked in brandy, not tried yet but sponge should absorb a whole lot of brandy.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Was this really called for?

I see nothing of an inner circle that you talk about.

I just wrote a four paragraph response, but just deleted it all, I can't be bothered to justify that bit if criticism with a response.

I like Franks blog, don't always get time to read it as it can be a bit long sometimes, but have never thought there was an alterier motive to him posting it. Have to admit to expecting something a bit more dramatic than dodgy wifi and a wait in reception ( sorry Frank ).

As for the inner circle rubbish, we haven't been members very long and have only managed to get to one meet so far, but never felt like there was an inner circle that we needed to aspire to. I get the impression that you join in with the bits you want and leave out the bits you don't. I think most moterhomers are free spirits in their own way and to run a club that didn't cater for this would have failed by now.
Anyways, that's what I think! ::bigsmile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Was this really called for?

I see nothing of an inner circle that you talk about.

I just wrote a four paragraph response, but just deleted it all, I can't be bothered to justify that bit if criticism with a response.

What an inspired thing to do and then to walk all round Chester handing them out.

That is what FUN is about.

I sooooo missed out on the Jaffa Cakes at Chester :cry: I heard someone shouting about Jaffa Cakes but was too lazy to venture outside to see what it was all about. Next time I'll keep me running shoes on and will be out the door in a flash! :ROFLMAO:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Sometimes as in this case I'll read the first page of a long thread and then flick to the last page to see how far the thread has developed/degenerated.
This one is a beauty. I started flicking back through the pages to find where discussion of the actual content of the original post ceased.
I gave up after several pages.
:imoutahere:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
As I have made quite clear I enjoy Frank's Blog and don't see any ulterior motive for it

BUT don't know where in the thread any one gets the idea there is a inner circle on FUN is way off the mark

JJ/ Grommet /Taran Lass who are way above anything I will ever understand with Internet ins and out, and will always give us advice I consider as friends, but I had a different point of view and said so.

Now I am sure none of them will say oh that Carol she posted something I don't agree with, that is what is good about this forum you can have your opinion then move on. I think the fact that Jim has any objection to Franks threads says its OK.

There most definitely is no inner circle on Fun everyone who joins in is part of the community I hope this thread comes to its natural end soon, but I also hope we don't loose Frank and others who think there is a inner circle, as this thread has proved we all have different opinions and are allowed them, when the subject that causes a bit of a hoo haa is finished, we all get on with enjoying Fun and what its all about.

The fact that as many funsters supported Frank as those that objected shows that there is No Inner Circle.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think Acting Strange is in the inner circle.

On his own.

:winky:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
As I have made quite clear I enjoy Frank's Blog and don't see any ulterior motive for it

BUT don't know where in the thread any one gets the idea there is a inner circle on FUN is way off the mark

JJ/ Grommet /Taran Lass who are way above anything I will ever understand with Internet ins and out, and will always give us advice I consider as friends, but I had a different point of view and said so.

Now I am sure none of them will say oh that Carol she posted something I don't agree with, that is what is good about this forum you can have your opinion then move on. I think the fact that Jim has any objection to Franks threads says its OK.

There most definitely is no inner circle on Fun everyone who joins in is part of the community I hope this thread comes to its natural end soon, but I also hope we don't loose Frank and others who think there is a inner circle, as this thread has proved we all have different opinions and are allowed them, when the subject that causes a bit of a hoo haa is finished, we all get on with enjoying Fun and what its all about.

The fact that as many funsters supported Frank as those that objected shows that there is No Inner Circle.

I believe I read only a couple of months ago a thread by Scotlandjim that was putting forward a similar ideal....I'm sorry if people don't like my thread but essentialy I only write what I see....I dont take side or favour....and I know this isn't the first time that someone has made this type of remark...

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
But I fail to see how people having different opinions makes them part of a inner circle.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Having wasted some very valuable minutes of my life on this thread I would like to get back to the original subject and say that after having spent the past couple of weeks in Italy I did not experience the negative stereotype of the Italian as portrayed...in fact exactly the opposite...super efficient check ins, easy and good internet connections (if sometimes a bit expensive}and a level of friendliness not experienced in the south of France.So there!:Smile: Now in Austria which it must be said takes it to another level:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
do you know.
I don't know where this "in circle" comes from or indeed how it has a place on this thread.

personally as a long standing member who had contributed in many ways to the upkeep and development of this fine forum I actually feel sad that it id's even being discussed. just a few weeks ago I agreed to go and assist a new member with a problem she was having with her van.
there is no circle and never had been.naturally there will be people with similar and diverse opinions but no inner circle just people enjoying themselves..

some people take this forum and it's contents way to seriously

if there is a clique I by hope I'm not in it or kicked out off it very quickly

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Interesting post by op I must admit at first i thought it was about being robbed and or gassed :Eeek:

It is a beautiful bit of free advertising for his company

It has now been viewed now by about 3000 odd persons

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back