A sad moment! (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
It's a bit like the kids leaving home watching our lovely brand new ( April 2015 ) van been driven away for further fixing!! An empty space on the drive and a house full of van bits and pieces. Hopefully she'll be back very soon fixed and ready for a new adventure! :mad::mad:

Let's hope the dealer comes up with the goods. Watch this space!!

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Whenever something goes wrong on my 24 year old hymer, I curse and wish I had a shiny new van, but it seems nothing is immune!

Sorry for your troubles! I suppose that at least someone will deal with it for you rather than reaching for the nearest hammer like me, and it's better on your drive than a thousand miles from home, but how incredibly frustrating )c:

I wish you a speedy and painless resolution!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I feel your pain, our van has been away for nearly 3 weeks now being repaired. We're getting very itchy feet, but fingers crossed, we should be picking it up today! :D

OP
OP
Wicketter
May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
It's so annoying, we picked what we thought was a top British manufacturer. We love the van but the quality control and inspection procedures have been rubbish. Lets hope the after sales service is better. Vans are so complicated these days you know that something can go wrong and half expect it, but when the manufacturers use decent materials and then don't follow through on the details, it is so frustrating for the customers. We really did go out of our way to try and make sure we had checked everything from our side but the dealers and manufacturers need to do their bit too. Surely it's more expensive for manufacturers to take things apart after they have been built them, than to do it properly in the first place. Fingers crossed our "April" will be out of hospital very soon.:(:(

Sorry folks rant over, but it does make you feel like screaming!!!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I know the feeling of empty nest space the weeman had to go live with his mum long story when the wife was ill the van was in storage
every morning Looked in his room:crying:
then looked at the empty parking space :crying:
every day during the school holidays :(
but look forward to the joy it will bring you when its back on your drive.:party:
we never felt moor happy this week when we went to the van with the weeman to sort it out it was like a being back home agene.
we decided there and then to stay in it we lived on compo and spuds me and the wee man went shooting rabbit's
never seen a sole all week end.
roosted the rabbits over the fire pit with there fur on Cooke spuds in the embers of the fire
never felt so happy
hope you get that same feeling when you get your van back
live life every day as it comes
bill

OP
OP
Wicketter
May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Thank you! On a positive note we will be able to scrub the front drive and kill the weeds between the cracks, so April can come home to a pristine drive. (y)(y)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
know the feeling we are getting our van back to-day :party2:after 2 weeks in dock, been going stir crazy. hope its not too long before you get yours back.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
is there such a thing as a top British manufacturer when it comes to motorhomes..... whats wrong with it..is it a panel van?

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
As others have said,hope you get your April back real soon in perfect order.
Just really hard to understand manufacturers,converters and dealers
seem prepared to let expensive new vehicles out of their hands with what sometimes appear to be sometimes serious faults,needing to have them returned sometimes more than once!!

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Our Autotrail is off in for accident repairs tomorrow. My fault and nothing to do with the van. First crunch in 52 years due to me attacking the rear of an Audi A4 in Italy on our way back from Greece.. Only doing 15 MPH but over 8K's worth of damage to LHF and LH side panels.. Bugger..
Not looking forward to next years insurance quote !!

Deleted User
Like the OP we too thought we were doing the right thing buying a quality British product, and whilst the van is all we expected in terms of design and layout, the workmanship and quality control of our IH is appalling.

Our rear windows aren't even screwed in (the screws have all "missed their target")

image.jpg

Our new design (bodged money saving exercise) kitchen drawer keeps falling out.

Some cupboards don't lock, others won't open once locked.

Our external fridge vent doesn't appear to be attached to anything as it flaps about. We have countless other niggly bits.

It will be very interesting to see how the OP gets on with their repairs as I will be arranging for ours to be put back together on our return in October.

If this is craftsmanship in a class of its own, I'm glad I didn't buy a mass produced "cheap un"

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Like the OP we too thought we were doing the right thing buying a quality British product, and whilst the van is all we expected in terms of design and layout, the workmanship and quality control of our IH is appalling.

Our rear windows aren't even screwed in (the screws have all "missed their target")

View attachment 74676

Our new design (bodged money saving exercise) kitchen drawer keeps falling out.

Some cupboards don't lock, others won't open once locked.

Our external fridge vent doesn't appear to be attached to anything as it flaps about. We have countless other niggly bits.

It will be very interesting to see how the OP gets on with their repairs as I will be arranging for ours to be put back together on our return in October.

If this is craftsmanship in a class of its own, I'm glad I didn't buy a mass produced "cheap un"

Phew! I'm glad I bought a "cheap" one and expected problems because I have had hardly any - and they were sorted on its first habitation service. Fingers crossed, four years on and it is still holding together and any minor niggles I've managed easily to sort myself. Luck of the draw I suppose??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back