A rocky night!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by My Dog Likes Fishing, Nov 3, 2013.

1. My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing Funster Life Member

Wow what a rough night last night. Spent it in the van on a CL site overlooking the valley at Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire. Thought I'd traded the van in for a narrow boat it was that bad.

Anybody else get that freak hail storm followed by lightning that lit up the sky like something out of a horror movie.

Glad I put that bit of extra glue on when I fitted my Maxview crank up dish in the summer. It was certainly tested last night.

• Like Like x 1
  2. laneside

laneside Funster

Now you see why we drove all the way to Portugal instead of wintering in Todmorden

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

No hale or thunder and lighting but crazy windy. Slept well though, on the drive of Colin's mothers in Norfolk!

4. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

Blew a gale up on top of the Peak District just above Dovedale. Drove over the top to Blackwell near Buxton this morning and had to fight to keep van in a straight line.:thumb:

5. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Rod order

Back in the 80s when I worked in Halifax I once almost bought a house down the valley near Todmorden. I'd visited the house next door on a glorious sunny day and seeing the property for sale, had a look round. I even took the family back for another look......

Fortunately that second visit was on a dull, wet day - much more typical of the local weather - and that was the end of that! the name of the place should also have given me a clue: East View.

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

no problem for us....the corner steadies must have done a good job as the house never moved an inch :Laughing:

• Like Like x 4
  7. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

:Wink:

8. My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing Funster Life Member

Been there twice now. First time it snowed and the site water froze up. Last night though the wind blew that bad I had to have another bottle of wine to get to sleep.

The picture of Portugal looks like heaven. A bit far to commute for work tomorrow though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. laneside

laneside Funster

We lived in Todmorden, up near the Pike that you may be able to see, for over 30 years.

We long since discovered that you have to grow an extra layer of skin to survive comfortably up there.

10. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

You be careful!!!

Didn't you know those gassing gangs prey on those motorhomes where the occupants have had 'one extra bottle'!:Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  11. SharonL

SharonL Read Only Funster

We had a major downpour wi hailstones n thunder overnight at the Longrdige meet but we were in a fairly sheltered spot so not too windy.

I'm not far from Hebden Bridge, used to drive through every day on my way to work from Bacup over to Copley :thumb: is it a suitable site for RV's by any chance or not? Cheers