A reminder for travellers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by champers, Nov 6, 2014.

1. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Had a horrible experience today whilst visiting Nerja Spain... A nice couple who are tuggers staying on the same site as us took us out for the day, whilst viewing the Balcony at Nerja I suddenly noticed several men surrounding David they were as if they didn't know each other but suddenly I saw a hand reaching into the back pocket of David's trousers, I shouted OY loudly and then thief pointing at them ... Poor David had no idea what was happening... IfI hadn't seen a program about Pickpockets in Spain and how it is done I may not have realised what was happening...

So Beware Of the Pickpockets ..you think it won't happen to you but it can...

Also another English couple arrived 2days ago broken into whilst having a rest at a motorway aire ... £500 and a expensive ipad gone... They must have seen the man using it in the services...

• Like Like x 8
  2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

not just travellers....crowds christmas shopping are also a target for thieves

• Like Like x 3
  3. keith

keith Funster

And not only in Spain

• Like Like x 3
  4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Back pocket is the worst place to keep anything valuable. I usually keep my dog poo bags in there (empty I hasten to add)

• Like Like x 6
  5. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Yes agree. I had no idea that David's wallet was there.. We only met him and his lovely wife 2days ago .. But it can happen in any crowed spot

6. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Obviously I don't know the details of the ipad going missing but we always hide valuables out of sight and if the MH is parked somewhere a bit vulnerable we also close all the blinds, keeps it cooler too.

7. Movinon

Movinon Funster

For many years I have always used a travel wallet on a chain. Not only does it stop me from putting it down and forgetting it when shopping, but the wife can't get at it either. If our motorhome is parked somewhere a bit vulnerable then we put all valuables in our safe, apply the additional deadlocks to all doors and turn on the Strikeback alarm. This seems to work.

8. Daz n Tina

Daz n Tina Funster

That's a result champers, every time you walk past a bar with that couple you can remind him how you saved him a fortune, with the following words "your round I believe"

• Like Like x 2