Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
Hi All,
You can probably tell I'm new here, so a short introduction before I begin bombarding you with the many,many questions I have.
I'm 52, I have two grown daughters and one gorgeous grand daughter, also one small Dachshund that thinks she's a Rottweiler, I keep telling her she's not but surprisingly she doesn't listen. Yes I talk to animals, I don't expect them to answer :).
Anyway, I'm seriously thinking of buying a motorhome, love the outdoors, nature, birds, animals, the idea of making new like minded friends. Joined up to get advice, ideas, anything really that may help me in my decision making. Should I buy one or not.
Ruth

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Welcome to the forum Ruth, get it bought and enjoy your travels.

OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
Thank you for the welcome. I'm busy doing research at the mo, you know the boring stuff like, what sort to buy, how much, and can I drive it without damage to life an property

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Thank you for the welcome. I'm busy doing research at the mo, you know the boring stuff like, what sort to buy, how much, and can I drive it without damage to life an property
It's all about budget, decide that first and you will get loads of advice from the members.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi Ruth and welcome. Go on, you know you want one. Good luck with your search and don't hesitate to ask for advice.(y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Go for it! As mentioned in an earlier post set your budget, get the correct layout for you and decide what is the max size (length/height) you are comfortable with.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Ruth and welcome to Fun :welc:
Might be a good idea to hire one first if the budget allows.
Whatever you do, get behind the wheel and enjoy your new adventure. (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello Ruth.... YES YES YES ... even if you can't afford to run it in the future you will have had soooooooooooo much fun in it. Contact Terry (on Inbox top right hand corner) and he may be able to help you re doing a van up to your specification and keeping cost down. He helped a member of my family.

Welcome, welcome, welcome..... we need loads more single women. :)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi and welcome :)

We hired a few motorhomes with different layouts, to get a feel for what we would/could compromise on and to see if we enjoyed it. Took a while to find the right one but it finally came along. It's great fun and our two doglets love it.

Good luck.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Buy one !! Not only for yourself, but the rest of your family will love you for it also !!!

OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I have been searching online after reading all your advice. Am planning a trip to my local dealer to look at all the MH's I liked the look of, I can hardly wait, will be so much fun

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hello.....
Visiting a dealer?....wear ear plugs to avoid the BS, then try and pick up a good deal privately, great time of year to buy coming up to Christmas. Just make sure the lifes right for you, have you camped/caravaned at all in the past ( I'm new on her also,dont know why text has gone small)

OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
Yeah, using the dealer and their stock to have a good study of the things on my wish list, then off to buy it cheaper

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Ruth, assuming your buying privately, if you don't have the technical knowledge to check if your getting a sound vehicle or not then get someone who does know a good one from a bad one to help you !!!

A I think there is a book on sale on this site about what to look for and how to bargin down the sellers.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Ruth, welcome to fun, best advice use this forum, ask questions does not matter what if it helps you get the van you like,we do have another lady on here who likes talking to animals I see she has already said hello, wonderful way of enjoying life. :welc:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
:welc:. Lot's of good advice on here Ruth, especially #17. It's a great 'hobby' that eventually becomes an obsession!:D

OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
This site is amazing, i'm learning just from reading, one member even suggested a cunning plan so I can have my cake and eat it, or buy a motor home for my travels and keep family happy by having a home. I'm well happy

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
This site is amazing, i'm learning just from reading, one member even suggested a cunning plan so I can have my cake and eat it, or buy a motor home for my travels and keep family happy by having a home. I'm well happy

Ruth Mrs BB and me have had a van of one sort or another since 1988 but we learn every single day we appear on here. Brilliant site and some brilliant posters with a depth of knowledge found nowhere else. Enjoy!:D(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back