A question for you helpful people out there. (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan

Can anyone recommend a good Electrolux service engineer that can repair my refrigerator.
The problem is it may not be the refrigerator it may be the circuit board that decides what energy source it uses, I will explain in a minute.
I have a Electrolux refrigerator RM 6505 AES 11 it’s the automatic power source selection type .
Its about 10 years old.
It works ok on 12v when driving or on gas but when I connect the 240v supply and turn the refrigerator on it hangs for a few seconds and then lights the gas when it should use the 240v supplied.
I have had the 240v supply checked and it as a 240v supply to it
I have done a little research on this forum and found at least two other motorhome owners have had the same problem with the same refrigerator but this was a few years ago and they had to have a new circuit board.
So that’s why I said it may be the circuit board but I need it checked out.
I rang the Electrolux contact number they gave me, I live in the West Midlands so they gave me a 01527 527788 number but this is no longer in use.
I rang them back but they said this is the only number they have!!!!
Any suggestions gratefully accepted as long as its not scrap it.
Thanks
John

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I assume your Laika is not still under warranty? If it is, go back to the dealer.
Otherwise this link gives the page to contact Dometic Service Engineers.
http://www.dometicapproved.co.uk/service.aspx

If the 'wrong number' you have already been given came from Dometic, then apologies.
I know of an authorised service engineer in Northampton called Malcolm Rock - I was directed to him by Dometic. I don't have his number to hand, but ShiftZZ had a repair done by him very recently and I'm sure has his details (assuming he's not too far away from you).

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Malcolm Rock of Rock Services, Northampton, 07973 440235

Brilliant bloke...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
John-Laika
Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
I assume your Laika is not still under warranty? If it is, go back to the dealer.
Otherwise this link gives the page to contact Dometic Service Engineers.
http://www.dometicapproved.co.uk/service.aspx

If the 'wrong number' you have already been given came from Dometic, then apologies.
I know of an authorised service engineer in Northampton called Malcolm Rock - I was directed to him by Dometic. I don't have his number to hand, but ShiftZZ had a repair done by him very recently and I'm sure has his details (assuming he's not too far away from you).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back