Free Member
Oct 15, 2015
Taunton. Somerset.
Funster No
MH
MH within 3 months.
Exp
Converted van. 5 yrs exploring.
Just purchased a Avtex L217DRS tv. I notice that it has a USB port on the side.
My question is, I would like to put some of my stored movies which I normally play through VLC, (which accepts multi formats),on a USB pen but I'm not sure what format the movies need to be in to play on my tv.
I realise that a HDMI cable is an option.
Also does anyone know of a programme that is downloadable from the internet to convert a movie to the required format?
Thank you.
Robert

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I've been getting all my stuff from www.download.com for many years and not had a problem...

I don't know too much about the TV you have but once you get a program to convert I'd just put one film on the stick and try..?

Good luck and let us know how you get on as I'll be doing the same thing later in the year....

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Sorry but not got a clue :) but have you watched it yet, Pic quality / sound/ viewing angle/ good etc. As I am think about one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi Robert.

You need to make sure that the USB device is one that the TV supports and is formatted correctly. This is probably more important than the file type.

The file type needs to be MP4 (mpeg4) which is a standard format supported by VLC so there's every chance that your movies are already OK. If not there are hundreds of free converters available. Just Google for one.

Link to the manual: Page 32 explains it in more detail.

http://www.avtex.co.uk/L187DRandL217DRandL247DRusermanual20130717.pdf

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As above.... MP4...
I had a 500gb drive full of .avi files, used a free program that did a simple file type name change and made them all .mp4 in seconds :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You may run into Codec problems, video files uses various Codec (there are hundreds of them), if a video file won't play on a computer you just download and instal the appropriate Codec, but TV's don't normally have a way of updating their Codecs, to play a video on a TV it must be in exactly the same form the TV will accept.
In other words can be a right pain in the arse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back