A plea for urgent help please (1 Viewer)

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
europarts in folkstone have one in stock
tel 01233 653222
post code ct19 5ds

Attachments

• IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
DebsD

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
KonTiki 640 (an old one)!
Exp
Since 2008
Wow! Finally sorted and have a mobile 'fixer upper' on the way. Thx to ALL but a million trillion zillion thanks to Chris. You have restored my faith in human nature. Off for a much needed coffee and to amend my tunnel time whilst waiting for the fix to be done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Wow! Finally sorted and have a mobile 'fixer upper' on the way. Thx to ALL but a million trillion zillion thanks to Chris. You have restored my faith in human nature. Off for a much needed coffee and to amend my tunnel time whilst waiting for the fix to be done.
no problem.might be worth other members who find themselves in the same situation around the folkstone area bookmarking this guy. as he's the guy thats rescuing debsd.(y)
http://www.mickryanautos.co.uk/

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi DebsD,
Glad it's on it's way to being fixed. Hope you get over to France as soon as you can ( hope ferry or tunnel changed your booking OK)
Where are you actually traveling too, just interested . Have a good safe trip & ENJOY.
Terry & Ann + ASBO

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
@chrisgreen you're a star - brought tears to my eyes at your generous offer
And me too it never ceases to amaze me what great people we have on this forum.
I remember a few years ago after my husband died ...one cold windy and rainy day the habitation door would not close after I had gone in to do the weekly check that everything was OK.
I had three offers of people willing to come over and fix it for me and none were what you would call local.

OP
OP
DebsD

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
Update. A very nice man is currently fixing the MH.

Fidget - AF were lovely but couldn't fix til Monday. Only travelling to near Le Touquet this time via Auchan Bolougne where a 'small' amount of liquid grapes may be purchased .

Thanks again funsters

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
:)What a pleasure to read this thread with a happy ending.Especially the kind offer from Chris to give up a day to help out.
With all the bad stuff going on in the world at the moment just a great gang of folks on here and lovely kind people going out of their way to resolve a difficult situation.
Have a great weekend you lovely people !!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Le Touquet is a lovely place have fun when you get there..

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
if all else fails,as i have nothing planned today,i can source an alternator in oxford and drive down to folkstone and fit it and charge you battery,and get you on your way(y)
It is so heartening to read about all of you MHs `trying to help fellow travellers. When there is so much strife and selfishness in the world. I am pleased to be a fellow traveller. Keep safe !!!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Update. A very nice man is currently fixing the MH.

Fidget - AF were lovely but couldn't fix til Monday. Only travelling to near Le Touquet this time via Auchan Bolougne where a 'small' amount of liquid grapes may be purchased .

Thanks again funsters
Can I suggest that,whilst at Auchan,you have lunch in the café/bar Inquieterie I think it's called.We had a superb omelette royal there a couple of weeks ago,or their Pot de Vlieej is to die for (y)(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
FACT ........you wouldn't get that kind of help on the dark side.
You did at one time Wildge. :(

@chrisgreen, well done with your gentlemanly efforts Chris. (y)

Arrived finally at Montreuil near Le Touquet after worst journey through Northern France ever due to gale force winds and the mother of all tight manoeuvring through the town. Never mind, at least we got here. Take care and thx again funsters x
Glad to see that you got there without too much delay.................and safely. (y)

All the best,

Jock. :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Glad you got it sorted. What a lovely offer from Chris.

Have a great weekend.

OP
OP
DebsD

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
Ah missed that post MikeandCarolyn but may try it on the way back.......i miscalculated on the grapes and have room for a few more 'bunches'

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
and google motorfactors in folkstone
motor parts direct
Address: Unit 2, N Close, Shorncliffe Ind Est, Folkstone, Kent CT20 3UH
Phone:01303 240825
KAP in shorncliffe is a Fiat and Peugeot dealer for cars and vans and right opposite those others. A motor factor is another cheaper source of bits, there are plenty around the area but getting to them is awkward on a sunday after I read this at midnightish, or I would have been over there to see what could be done, with it. East Kent Components are commercial Factors and might be able to help out, there is others around there in Folkestone and in Dover Area. You probably have a larger than normal heavy duty Alternator for the motorhome base.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
OK I see that now I was out for the day so didn't look on site till later and they got going. OK. Hope all is well for the trip onwards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back