A photo of the day thread (2 Viewers)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Frederick Hitch, VC. Born 27th Nov Died 6th Jan 1913 (aged 56).
DSC_0011 (2).jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not my pic, but it is my boy.

View attachment 227822
Should have gone to Spec-Savers. :)
Statistically one of the most dangerous pastimes there is, apart from Russian Roulette. But I'm sure he knows that so he must be a very brave lad indeed. :)

My most dangerous moment today was being sand blasted on a beach near the Cabo de Gata. But I didn't actually take this exact photograph. I took two photos and about an hour after transferring them to my tablet Google Photos had stitched them together into a panorama and sent it to me. All done without any input from me as I have automatic backup switched on. Spooky.

If you tap on the photograph, zoom in and look at the far shore of the lagoon on the right you might just be able to see a few tiny white dots - they are flamingoes. :)

DSC_0187-PANO.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Saw that on the Walks With My Dog programme a few weeks ago, is it as stunning an area as it looks pls?
I think it is, been coming up for 8 years and spend about 3 months a year here. Very quiet, but some terrific walking and kayaking/sailing opportunities. Very much an “outdoors” place, not far from the Galloway forest parks either .

Downside is the nearest supermarket (as opposed to convenience store) is a 44 mile round trip, although Morrison’s Stranraer is preferred but a 70 mile round trip..

So if you like shopping, and the buzz of cities it’s probably not a good place to come.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
View media item 22874View media item 22873The wildcat ping stop at Tarragona with views from the inside and outside of van. Got lucky and only one space so reversed in just in case someone nicked it.

Edit wild camping not the bleeding autocorrect wildcat ping stop well known to Thailand travellers

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
View media item 22875Loads of photos of Tarragona that have probably been poster loads of times before but today's offering from #carversontour is of a sunset which really wasn't up to the standards we have become accustomed to. Nevertheless we had a cheeky cheerful cheap rosé

So cheated and took the photo through the glass of catalonia garnatxa. 2 euros 30 at some good supermarkets for a film lens. Who needs photoshop?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I think it is, been coming up for 8 years and spend about 3 months a year here. Very quiet, but some terrific walking and kayaking/sailing opportunities. Very much an “outdoors” place, not far from the Galloway forest parks either .

Downside is the nearest supermarket (as opposed to convenience store) is a 44 mile round trip, although Morrison’s Stranraer is preferred but a 70 mile round trip..

So if you like shopping, and the buzz of cities it’s probably not a good place to come.

Thanks, It sounds as good as it looked, just needs planning beforehand so's not to run out of milk:LOL:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
A beautiful start to the day at Seahouses. Bamburgh Castle looking good in the distance, with Holy Island just visible on the horizon....

image.jpeg

More importantly, the bay looks like it's settling enough to get the kayak over to the Farnes this afternoon.

Inner Farne 2 miles away earlier....

image.jpeg

Deleted User
View media item 22876Gaudis crypt about 100 yards from where we are staying. 10 euros entry each unless you are a wrinkley then it is 7 euros.
Flt can put mobile phone through the gates and take a photo of the outside.
You can guess what I did. Never heard of the bloke

Seen quite a few of Gaudis creations in Barcelona and Comillas but never heard of that one.

Just googled it and it looks incredible, one of the few places that I would pay to visit by the looks of it, one to put on the list definitely(y)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
A couple from this morning's dog walk along the beach to Bamburgh. We just made it back to the van before those darkening skies in the north reached us !

View attachment 228626

View attachment 228627

I remember that sky all too well. We didn't make it back when we stayed there about 15 years ago. We had to wring the dog out before she was allowed in the tent. We were poor in those days :D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• @ndy
Back