Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
A couple of questions please. Where was the spot you parked? Was it OK for overnight?
Thank-you.
Hi Fred we actually stayed at a free Aire directly opposite the Marie's building perfectly safe overnight but only three spaces free electricity etc.
I'll send you the coordinates over tomorrow when we get home.

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
Should have joined us at Soumeras Twin Lakes CP so peaceful if you like Cuckoos and Natterjack Toads

I was down there for the river fishing. One day on the Dordogne, second and third days on the Lot. One the first day I had a good view of a pair of peregrines feeding their chicks in a cliff face nest on the opposite bank. They don't half make a noise when the parents are on the homeward run.

Cuckoos are all day, every day where I live and the frogs and nightingales sing all night.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I was down there for the river fishing. One day on the Dordogne, second and third days on the Lot. One the first day I had a good view of a pair of peregrines feeding their chicks in a cliff face nest on the opposite bank. They don't half make a noise when the parents are on the homeward run.

Cuckoos are all day, every day where I live and the frogs and nightingales sing all night.

I’d be very grateful to hear of your catches at the places you’ve been.....(y)

I plan to do a fishing (coursefishing) trip around France...

On here or pm me if you like, many thanks:D

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
I’d be very grateful to hear of your catches at the places you’ve been.....(y)

I plan to do a fishing (coursefishing) trip around France...

On here or pm me if you like, many thanks:D

Just a few pointers to be going on with.

Marans (17) - an inland port similar to Boston. The canals in and around the town are full of mullet in the summer months. Also right in the town centre amongst the moored boats there are catfish to 80lb+. The Marans to La Rochelle canal is a night fishing venue and holds carp to mid forties. The Sevre-Niortaise opposite Super-U and near to the camp site is full of mullet, carp and catfish.

Marennes (17) - similar to above but the main fishing is for carassin, which are very similar to crucian carp. If you head for Le Lindron on the outskirts and find a place to fish alongside the road you can easily get a 100lb of carassins averaging about 2lb - 4lb each.

Capdennac-Gare (12) - the River Lot can be accessed directly from the camping car aire giving about a kilometre of fishing between the two weirs. Loads of bream to 6lb, barbel averaging 4lb and some nice roach.

Ruffec (16) - The camp site is on the River Charente and you will find barbel and good sized chub there.

Aixe-sur-Vienne (87) - The municipal camp site is close to the River Vienne and the fishing there is very good for chub and small barbel to around 3lb. If you follow the river down via Saint-Brice, Saint-Junien, Chabanais, Exideuil, Confolens, Availles-Limousin, L'Isle-Jourdain, Moussac and Queaux you will find camp sites alongside the river in all of those places and fishing for barbel and catfish is very good. There are also some bonus carp to over 40lb in places and loads of 20lb fish ready to wreck your barbel tackle. I got one while barbel fishing just over 21lb on an old split cane rod and Speedia centrepin after I had just swapped to a lighter 4lb hook length and 14 hook . :eek:

The drive down the Vienne Valley is worth doing on its own merit and eventually you come to the confluence of the Loire close to Fontevraud Abbey where Richard I and his father Henry II are buried.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Just posted a new blog here >>> https://gohumberto.com/spring-has-finally-sprung-on-hayling-island

It has photos and videos of our short stay at Hayling Island. The video gives a good view of the Motorhome parking setup down there.

View attachment 226693

We walk our two JRT from the Inn On The Beach car park along to the Ferry Boat on some Sundays, always a dozen or so vans in the car parks so a popular spot..
Hopefully the few won’t mess it up for others and have Hampshire CC put a ban on overnight parking.

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
We walk our two JRT from the Inn On The Beach car park along to the Ferry Boat on some Sundays, always a dozen or so vans in the car parks so a popular spot..
Hopefully the few won’t mess it up for others and have Hampshire CC put a ban on overnight parking.

It does get very hectic during the day, with lots of comings and goings of MHs, cars, Vans (windsurfers) ..etc, but it's always been very quiet overnight.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just a few pointers to be going on with.

Marans (17) - an inland port similar to Boston. The canals in and around the town are full of mullet in the summer months. Also right in the town centre amongst the moored boats there are catfish to 80lb+. The Marans to La Rochelle canal is a night fishing venue and holds carp to mid forties. The Sevre-Niortaise opposite Super-U and near to the camp site is full of mullet, carp and catfish.

Marennes (17) - similar to above but the main fishing is for carassin, which are very similar to crucian carp. If you head for Le Lindron on the outskirts and find a place to fish alongside the road you can easily get a 100lb of carassins averaging about 2lb - 4lb each.

Capdennac-Gare (12) - the River Lot can be accessed directly from the camping car aire giving about a kilometre of fishing between the two weirs. Loads of bream to 6lb, barbel averaging 4lb and some nice roach.

Ruffec (16) - The camp site is on the River Charente and you will find barbel and good sized chub there.

Aixe-sur-Vienne (87) - The municipal camp site is close to the River Vienne and the fishing there is very good for chub and small barbel to around 3lb. If you follow the river down via Saint-Brice, Saint-Junien, Chabanais, Exideuil, Confolens, Availles-Limousin, L'Isle-Jourdain, Moussac and Queaux you will find camp sites alongside the river in all of those places and fishing for barbel and catfish is very good. There are also some bonus carp to over 40lb in places and loads of 20lb fish ready to wreck your barbel tackle. I got one while barbel fishing just over 21lb on an old split cane rod and Speedia centrepin after I had just swapped to a lighter 4lb hook length and 14 hook . :eek:

The drive down the Vienne Valley is worth doing on its own merit and eventually you come to the confluence of the Loire close to Fontevraud Abbey where Richard I and his father Henry II are buried.

Thank you, really appreciate that. I’m an ex match fisherman so I like the roach and chub fishing, they keep you busy... :D
Tench are my favourite..(y)

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
Thank you, really appreciate that. I’m an ex match fisherman so I like the roach and chub fishing, they keep you busy... :D
Tench are my favourite..(y)

Trotting for barbel would probably suit you. They average 2lb - 3lb in the Loire and Vienne and all you need is sweetcorn and groundbait.
2016-04-13 14.48.06.jpg

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Are they all your cats? Just curious as we travel with our two. Can you tell us about the smallholding please.

Hi Fred. We are in central Portugal staying on and looking after a smallholding along with the 8 cats whilst the owner spends time away. It's our third time back here and we love being here. We originally found the place via HelpX a volunteering organisation we are members of.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
View attachment 227101 I received these on my birthday recently. Who say you cant give a man flowers.....

You do know that the hare is my favourite symbolic animal at the moment don't you... son. :)

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-25_12-9-36.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-25_12-9-36.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 16

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread