Another one taken 5 mins ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The view out of the back of the house after just 10 minutes of snow.

2015-01-29 15.58.26.jpg

Then another 10 minutes later - blue skies again: -

2015-01-29 16.12.41.jpg

The view out of the front needs a video to do it justice - we are on a hill & to say that some drivers are having a little difficulty is an understatement. I'm just hoping nobody skids sideways into the van. Another few minutes of traffic up & down & they'll be back down to the tarmac, which should improve things until the next shower drops.

I won't bore you with another picture, but since I took that second one, the sky has cleared completely - just a few pinkish wisps reflecting the setting sun.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Don't know if this should be in the "what are you having for dinner" thread or photo of the day!:)

Have had a longing for a hot whiskey this evening and here are the ingredients ready for the kettle to boil!

image.jpg

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Now that looks like my sort of paradise!
The main think I miss, since we migrated south, is the 'real' snow - you're making me jealous. :p

As someone who imigrated doon sooth I disagree not having wet slush, snow etc is IMHO much better than freezing ones goolies off:eek:

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
As someone who imigrated doon sooth I disagree not having wet slush, snow etc is IMHO much better than freezing ones goolies off:eek:

I think a lot of goolies were being frozen when we stopped at Gretna on the way home........bitterly cold it was:(
But beautiful sunny day back home in D & G ........ still bitterly cold, but not a lot of snow left. Got my washing out on the drier:rolleyes:

Margaret:)

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Oh that looks better, I was getting quite concerned for you! Take care on the way home. :)

Thank you, we got home safely last night.......no problems on the roads, the A66 had been cleared and was well-gritted thankfully. There were some beautiful scenes across towards the Lakes.......we should have stopped for a photo session......but just wanted to get back(y)

We had a great trip, we left home on the 26th November, stayed a few nights at the Knaresborough CC site then on to Chatsworth CC for another couple of nights. We were amazed we could get in to Chatsworth as it's nearly always fully booked.
From there we headed down to Littlehampton CC and visted family in Southsea and Denmead.

We spent Christmas at the Brighton CC and then had to move back to Littlehampton as Brighton was full over the New Year. They also had an electrical problem from the 30th and 31st December.......the reason we heard was down to people "over-loading" with normal domestic kettles rather than low wattage ones:rolleyes:

The CC site at Littlehampton closed on 5th January, so we got thrown out of there and then headed back to Brighton CC:LOL: We were at Brighton till 25th January and then headed up to get the water pump replaced at Oaktree, near Nottingham. We had booked into Pools Brook CC site (where we took the photos) as it was close enough for Oaktree. The M1 around there was a nightmare.....it took us about an
hour and a half to travel 24 miles.

We spent 9 weeks in the van and we're still talking to each other........only just:rolleyes:

Margaret & Bill:)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back