PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Great Dorset Steam Fair. Excellent weather and a must for next year as it'll be the 50th Steam Fair and also the last display of the WW1 trench system as they'll be filling it in after the 2018 show.
IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0317.PNG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It has been a lovely weekend with wall to wall sunshine. Nothing planned and my son wasn't using his car so we put a few miles on it for him:). Southend on Sunday where you can see the Palm trees and the Thames barges sailing off of the end of the pier, then the Royal parks on Monday. We met up with some friends and went into Hampton Court where the BBC Food and Wine festival was on. Great weekend(y)
southend.PNG
southend2.PNG
bushey park.PNG

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We are staying at an Aire beside Rom Commenwealth Cemetary. Inside are the graves of 30 SAS and 1 US pilot. All massacred nearby under Hitler's "Commando Order":mad:
A well visited cemetary and as expected a very well kept one too. :notworthy:
IMG_5504.JPG
IMG_5505.JPG
IMG_5506.JPG
IMG_5507.JPG

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Awesme. How did you take that? Long exposure?
This one was done by a friend, but for my photo's the only way is set camera to bulb or if you have it long exposure or use a cable release - manual focus and then focus to infinity 30/60 seconds and close aperture to f8 to f16.
I use 100/200 iso so the grain is not noticeable. This cannot be done hand holding the camera so must be tripod mounted.
Start at the shutter speed of 3-5 seconds and f/8 and see how the image comes out. If you are in a dark area, you might want to decrease the shutter speed all the way to 15-30 seconds, while in areas with plenty of light, you will have to stop down the lens to f/16 or more to allow longer exposures without overexposing the entire scene. I have gone to 90 seconds for lighting, but then the detail of the fixed buildings etc start to get exposed and then when the lighting flashes they are washed out.
Instead of having 15/30 seconds to get your photo, you’ll have 1/15 of a second to capture it. Otherwise your camera's sensors are overwhelmed with the amount of light and your resulting image is full of white. So some or lots of luck is needed.

PLEASE PLEASE do not stand under an tree, open umbrella etc when trying to take photo's of lighting as you will or could be struck by the lighting. Stand at least 50 feet away from water and tall trees/buildings.
I have been doing this since I was boy and sometimes you get nothing and other times you just cannot believe your luck. I have sold a few photo's, but not enough to make a living from it. Just a hobby

Last edited:

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Many thanks for the explanation. My point and shoot Panasonic can't do most of that, I'll try the long delay next time I get a chance.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Many thanks for the explanation. My point and shoot Panasonic can't do most of that, I'll try the long delay next time I get a chance.
Even a point and shoot will do the job. If it has a blub setting you can use that and some blue tack to hold the button if your finger is not steady enough. Some of the newer ones allow long exposures within the menu settings. The first time you get it right you will want to show everyone. Enjoy

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
@ OldCodger -This one was taken in 2015 after moving to Spain and heard of the moon being close to the earth over a period of 3 or 4 nights. It was 3am and out of 40 odd shots this is the one that made it into my collection. I used and still have a Fuji 100T fixed lens camera, which I find great for these sort of shots.
Image 31-03-2015 at 13.38.jpg

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I have an amateur astronomer friend who uses a camera on a tracking telescope to do multi shot (10s to hundreds) photos of deep space stuff and assembles them back to shots like that.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
I've always fancied a week on a canal boat.... Especially one of the vintage traditional ones
There's nothing quite like it...I used to live on one years ago...now my son lives on one...and we love visiting him for a cruise from time to time.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Something we thought about years ago, would love to have tried it.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Easy to hire, but they are a bit basic. The pubs, countryside and weather are exactly the same, though.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
definitely saw a sea eagle today, see below confirmed useless blurred photo, but then saw another which I think is a juvenile, hope it isn't my heart convincing me head this isn't a buzzard

not really likely given the sea eagles so close and its beak and claws are huge

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back