A photo of the day thread (12 Viewers)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Taken a couple of hours ago from the Drunken Duck near Hawkshead looking over to the hills. It's blowing a gale and chucking it down, but would you expect anything else this time of year in the Lake District.

image.jpg

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Durness beach today, you still need to be here but this hopefully makes it easier to relate to
Ah - ok, I take back my comment in the other thread about false impressions in photos. Nothing very warm & spring-like about those two!

Would love to be there to see it for real, but the alternative of being stuck here at my desk is suddenly not quite as bad as it was - that does look wet, cold & draughty.

We have grey skies, bright sunshine & hail, all at once. Unfortunately, I can't get all three to come out in a photo - hail came & went in less than 5 mins.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We have had no rain here since 14 December until yesterday and then the heavens opened. This morning the nearby river is running red with silt washed down by the rain. It's rained on and off since and hopefully will stop soon!
image.jpg

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
There are some stunning photos on this thread..
Thank you folk for sharing them

kath x

M

Madwife

Deleted User
image.jpg
On Friday I posted a picture of the river that runs past our campsite as it was red with silt from the rain. Overnight we have had a huge amount of rain and this is the picture this morning Thankfully the water is now going down but its raining heavily again!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
View attachment 51595 View attachment 51593 View attachment 51594

May not win best photo of the day but must be coldest location, or if not coldest remotest (y)

Oh Woahooo David I so envy you. I wish I could drive on the snow , but I'm too coward for that! I love Scotland and I wish I could take 2 or 3 months to go around such places like the ones you 've been across.
I'm flying back to Scotland in April. This time I take my sister with me...Really looking forward to going back to Inverness!:cool::):)

Amicalement

Frankie(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG

A walk in the woods today at Grantown on Spey, beautiful and a red squirrel as a real bonus

Just been checking why he was out at this time of year and they don't hibernate, every days a school day, as Bev says

edit - squirrel taken on full zoom with cold hands, luckily my Canon has image stabiliser

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Broken Link Removed

A new camper stop in the Algarve for anyone who is in Portugal at the moment.
Sat Nav C-Ords not clear so here they are:
37.128986, -8318555

Not totally completed yet but has pitches with electric and other services.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
stunning!
makes me feel the need for woolly hat & gloves...
It felt surprisingly warm up there!! - not overly high to be fair, but none the less...some brilliant views in weather like today when you can see across Mid Wales and upto Snowdonia and right out over Herefordshire the other way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back