LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Fortunately - the farmer who owns the site did say they were edible(y)

Apparently - if they look and smell like 'shop' ones they generally are - but I'm no expert so please don't take my word for it:eek:
I have had some incredibly sh*tty pies from a pie shop not sure if your analogy is entirely safe!!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Shopping for walking boots earlier - wondered if Jim's doing a new range:)
IMG_20141018_132039.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Can I do a virtual piccie....
its got a couple of kingfishers and an otter, in the river out the back of the house late this afternoon

wont be going out there without my camera again:cry:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
By the looks of your avitar you can already play.... err .. do you sing too......:mask:
I have been known to lead people in a rousing chorus of Delihla, just for the hell of it.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just back from visiting dad's grave .. miss him so much .. but this little fella always comes down to see me as he knows I carry a box of peanuts for him and the pigeons every time I go... He is really cute ... guess he's getting ready for winter now. :)

DSCF0011.JPG

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just back from visiting dad's grave .. miss him so much .. but this little fella always comes down to see me as he knows I carry a box of peanuts for him and the pigeons every time I go... He is really cute ... guess he's getting ready for winter now. :)

View attachment 45220
Joy, you best keep him hidden from Prince Charlie .......
...... Broken Link Removed

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Can you be a bit more specific please... I can't afford new doors and was thinking of painting mine over winter. Were yours very dark or already light? Mine are a horrible dark wood.... How many coats of primer, undercoat, top coat did you use please and do you think they hardwearing enough for in the kitchen bearing in mind spills down the front when daughter's friends house sit for me when away on meets... Sorry for the inquisition... just hate my house so much it is so dark. :(
Joy my cupboards were dark oak too I originally painted them a few years ago.
You have to make sure they are cleaned well to remove any grease then they need sanding and then a primer .I always take the doors off paint the inside and then when they are dry paint the outside and I use a small roller on the main part of the door and a good brush on the moulded parts. I usually give the insides one coat and the outside two coats.They are very easy to clean they just wipe over.
I have the paint mixed at at place in Chorley it only costs about £25 for two and half litres which is plenty to do mine about 20 doors in total!! A couple of years ago my neighbour did hers after seeing mine.
If you need any more information please message me

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You have to make sure they are cleaned well to remove any grease then they need sanding and then a primer .I always take the doors off paint the inside and then when they are dry paint the outside and I use a small roller on the main part of the door and a good brush on the moulded parts. I usually give the insides one coat and the outside two coats.They are very easy to clean they just wipe over.
I have the paint mixed at at place in Chorley it only costs about £25 for two and half litres which is plenty to do mine about 20 doors in total!! A couple of years ago my neighbour did hers after seeing mine.
Thank you. I will probably be contacting you in several weeks time then...:) . Thanks. Chorley is only about half hour away from me too so that is good ...... Quite excited about it now.. :) I hate my dark house.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thank you. I will probably be contacting you in several weeks time then...:) . Thanks. Chorley is only about half hour away from me too so that is good ...... Quite excited about it now.. :) I hate my dark house.
It's amazing how it has brightened my kitchen which is dark and north facing . I've just had new work tops as well courtesy of my grandson who is a joiner.
Look forward to hearing from you.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We took the same approach when doing up my late Mums house for sale after she died. A hell of a lot cheaper than changing the doors which were solid wood and in decent condition but too dark for modern tastes.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Yes, but you must promise to learn the words and sing it too.
The Carpenters version that is! (y)
You guys are so inclusive, feeling the love!:love::)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back