A new way of life (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Oh I would be on my own, but it's all different when you are responsible for someone else.

Indeed Brian, if the worst came to the worst a single person can find shelter at the nearest Sally Ann hostel.. do that as a family and they are likely to put your kids into care .. !!

As a couple, without kids, you have each other for support and again no real worries if it goes belly up..

but as we were a family of four , it was a huge responsibility .. it weighed heavily on my mind.. they had to come first .

not many go full time with kids, I know of only one other couple who made a success of it .. but even they went back to a house eventually for the sake of the eldest's education ..

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Indeed Brian, if the worst came to the worst a single person can find shelter at the nearest Sally Ann hostel.. do that as a family and they are likely to put your kids into care .. !!

As a couple, without kids, you have each other for support and again no real worries if it goes belly up..

but as we were a family of four , it was a huge responsibility .. it weighed heavily on my mind.. they had to come first .

not many go full time with kids, I know of only one other couple who made a success of it .. but even they went back to a house eventually for the sake of the eldest's education ..

But you did Jim and you did it. It has given me and many others a lot of enjoyment reading your entries over the years. You and the little girl, who's probably not so little any more will always have the memories of what you done.

As Brian says though the sods law is you prepare and die or become ill before you get there. you live for today and end up struggling to make ends meet at the age of 90, no one has any idea what life holds... some times its as wise to remember that

NIGELB

Free Member
Jul 8, 2010
CO DURHAM
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
good answer brian,

For people so young is running away the answer ? You've a long way to go, you can't run away for ever. Much better to enjoy a MH on the back of success than defeat.

In my humble old opinion.
im still reading even though havent got around to posting my wedding and honeymoon,but good answer theres no place like home and money does not always bring happiness ,but getting away now and then helps you appreciate what you have got.its great sleeping out but isnt it nice to get back to your own bed:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Not very adventurous am I.

Maybe maybe not but your still our hero.

A trip away for a couple of months in the winter and a couple in the summer is all we strive for.
We have planned a little further and are aiming at Greece in the winter and then Norway and finland russia and home in the summer.
Ok only 9 years till we go but, the thought and plan is what keeps us going. I love the idea of fultiming and love meeting up with Rex and Marie (penelope pitstop) and hearing there stories, but for us we decided all we want to do is quit work and work when we want to, not be slaves to it., However we are curently well wrapped up in the advertised horrors of raising a family and the must have culture. It is amazing how speaking to some on this forum helps though and helps keep your dreams and aspirations alive. Speaking to Snowbird (dave) a while ago I thought this man has it sorted and if I want to long term tour I must follow his advice and budha myself (not doing a bad job look at the size of me in the holiday photos).

So I suppose we want to add a new dimension to this Fulltiming lark, we want to be called long timers, eventually, or in other words, to the OP why not try a little bit of both?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back