A NEW Aires Site

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by mondo, Nov 12, 2012.

1. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 12
  2. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Having set up my own modest aire guide with panoramic pics taken using a normal camera from my MH roof I have to admit to a certain amount of admiration for this guy's efforts (and equipment).

My only quibbles are:

Why show a 360 view of a service point rather than the pitches (eg La Rochelle)?
    Why show the sky and the road surface at all?
    The information accompanying the pictures is no different to what you find in a guide book and a fair bit less informative than you can find on CCI with all its user comments.
    There's no hints, tips, observations, comments by the site's author - he's just whizzed around taking pics.

It's an interesting angle on the subject in every sense of the word and it brings something new to the party, but for practical reasons I'll probably keep using CCI to plan my trips.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I could be wrong, but the panorama views look just like Google Street View .. so relatively easy to put on each location..

I can't imagine anyone going to every aire and taking a serious of wide angle shots then stitching together ..

4. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Excellent effort :thumb:

5. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Thanks Mondo:thumb:, We are planning to go to brittany via normandie ,this will be a great help to give me an idea of what to expect at each aire, as already said the site does'nt give much extra info but for me all we need is map ref's and to see what a place looks like ( nice to have personal recommendations but you can't have it all) When we've been I will put any good ones on this sites aires info. Terry:sin:

6. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Excellent
    :thumb: