A mob marches on London

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by darklord, Aug 12, 2011.

1. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Tis OK, It'll only be me, the missus, and three of our grandsons:Smile:. We are off to the Tower of London, then an open topped bus tour, plus visits to other places. When they are sufficiently tired out, it will be back home for sleep, then a trip down to Coalhouse fort at tilbury on Sunday morning.
    I suppose a fair bit of junk food will be munched, loads of pop drank, and a few liberties taken,...but thats what grandparents are for:RollEyes:.

Reminds me how sometimes, i think youngsters are deprived of things. we took some of the other grandkids to see the lights in London last xmas...they said the most memorable thing, was riding upstairs on a double decker bus, and watching the street signs miss the bus by inches, and being able to see in the first floor of buildings..............simple pleasures:BigGrin:

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Not avin a go at the Jewels are ya:Eeek:
    The lootins all but done down there:Doh:

3. tofo

tofo Funster

i take it you mean coalhouse fort east tilbury as there is a fort at tilbury as well

if you have an i phone there is an app that gives you a guided walk around
    or visit Ray Reeves the ranger and he may lend you a gadget
    tell him the old git sent you
    i walk round there most days in the morning
    if you look in the 365 project you will find a good few photos of coalhouse fort
    (365 project l/h side of homesceen 1/3 way down approx):thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Hope you have a great time.

5. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Have a fabulous time xxxx if its a hot day, the Thames Clipper is worth a ride and goes right down to woolwich and back to the london eye.

If any of those going have a disabled badge, take it with you as many of the attractions will let in one person free as a carer.

Near the London eye especially on weekends there are often street acts out and many are extremely good - some entertainment perhaps whilst you have lunch.

6. Pusser

Pusser Read Only Funster

It's good to see someone who is not afraid to discipline their grandchildren although I do feel the Tower of London is a bit harsh. :Sad: