Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I wasn't looking for a response...

I was drawing attention to an ebay ad. I came across thinking it might be if interest.

You and I will never agree on anything...

...but realising that, I don't waste my time even looking at any of your threads.

I, just like you, will continue to post whenever I feel like it.

I repeat my request but more politely...

Please leave me alone.

(Now Jim will get all cross with me!) ;)

JJ :cool:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you're pretty good at replying to posts you don't read

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Fight, fight, fight.
Gentlemen choose your weapon........

194x670nrasyujpg.jpg

Reactions: kip

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I want the Chanel one, and if I don't get it, I will scream and scream and scream until I make myself sick. So there! ::bigsmile:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Thats interesting, I am watching it on eBay wondering what it will go for.

With Mileage approaching 100k they sell for around 10k so if the condition and mileage is correct I suspect it will go for somewhere near the £17.5k - Like @JJ I actually think it is worth somewhere near that amount if an honest advert.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Makes you wonder why, if they are so good, it has only covered 23k km in 24 years. Ours has done way more than that and it's not 3 years old yet.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
With Mileage approaching 100k they sell for around 10k so if the condition and mileage is correct I suspect it will go for somewhere near the £17.5k - Like @JJ I actually think it is worth somewhere near that amount if an honest advert.
Ok, fair enough, but we keep being told that mileage is not so important so maybe it isn't going to increase the value by 75%. 23000 km on something that age also means an awful lot of standing around doing nothing, which is never a good thing. Someone will buy it though and at the right price probably a good buy

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
MOT only shows up from 2014, so it must have been elsewhere before that. No way online to verify that impressively low mileage.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
This looks as though it might be okay for a discerning Funster looking for an interesting motorhome rather than a shiney, white, plastic one with limp mode et al lights coming on!!!

Broken Link Removed

Bloody hell @JJ what the hell have you done to this lot.
Got the lynch mob after you just for putting up a link to a classic van.:eek::eek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Don't ask the price because price is not important!
View attachment 95823
Just think about the privilege of owning this beauty!

A rare beast indeed. A 900S on the 7.5 ton Merc LP813 chassis. I almost bought one in 2000 from an importer in Huddersfield. Have kicked myself many times since for not buying it. The price then was £14000, the price now at least double, maybe treble to the right man.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@JJ Just had a look at the link for this much discussed Motorhome, I think it's a beauty it would be interesting to see if some of today's Modern Build Vans will look so well when they get to 24 years old. This looks Class not many will. (y)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Got the lynch mob after you just for putting up a link to a classic van.:eek::eek:
Not quite, shiny and limp mode got the lunch mob out!
AngryLynchMob.jpg

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

It is funny isn't it?

You could advertise genuine £50 notes on here, priced at £5 and someone would post that they weren't worth it because they might have been folded.

Loads of people know the price of things but have no clue when it comes to their value.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
"Threads", dear boy, "THREADS"... I never look at any of your "threads" these days.

"Posts" are different beasts.

If you insist on continuing your attempts at point scoring, do try to raise your standards.

:) :) :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@JJ Just had a look at the link for this much discussed Motorhome, I think it's a beauty it would be interesting to see if some of today's Modern Build Vans will look so well when they get to 24 years old. This looks Class not many will. (y)
I just hope I am still around when mine gets to be 24 years old. And if I am I doubt I will be driving, let alone owning, it. :D

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I just hope I am still around when mine gets to be 24 years old. And if I am I doubt I will be driving, let alone owning, it. :D

There is a chance for ours when we retired 11 years ago we bought our 5 year Hymer, we said if we get 5 good years great now we have had 11 brilliant years that has seen us visiting Greece Germany Switzerland Spain France Italy and Morocco as well as touring the UK extensively , now we hope we could possibly get another 5 years out of our van which we have no intention of changeing it does everything we want comfortably and I've got no one I want to impress with a newer posher van so who knows ours could get up to 24years. :)

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

My 660S is 30 years old next July.

It has covered 190,000 kms.

I am its third owner.

It can go 110 kph easily but I rarely go faster than 80 kph.

It is definitely not suitable for anyone who wants a modern, trendy, fashionable van.

It doesn't have an auto select fridge.

It doesn't have a Combi water/space heater with an automatic dump valve.

It doesn't have an electrically operated step.

It doesn't have a "computer" controlled engine management system.

It doesn't even have a cambelt.

It does have...

- A three way fridge which I can (and do) service myself and which works perfectly and has done for the last eight years. I select 12 volt, 220 volts or gas operation myself. Unless I break all my fingers, I don't have any "selection" problems. It works perfectly.

- A gas fired Truma 5002 space heater with a blower fan (if required). I select the fan settings myself or I can choose "automatic" if I want. It doesn't need the fan to warm up the van. If my batteries go dead I can still keep warm. I can (and have) removed it for servicing myself in 15 mins.

- a gas fired, thermostatically controlled water heater. I select the temperature myself by turning the wall mounted dial. It doesn't empty itself without me wanting it to. I have no need of a clothes peg.

- a step which I operate with a lever from just inside the door. It has never failed to operate.

- an engine (with a timing chain) which can be serviced by any competent mechanic without needing to plug it into a computer.

I am frequently approached by people asking if I want to sell it. I suppose eveything has a price but any buyer would have to pay me over twice what I paid for it all those years ago because that is the very least I would need to find a replacement.

I expect in this beautiful, classic motorhome to last me until I go to that huge motorhome show in the sky. I hope I can take it with me!

Last edited:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
My 660S is 30 years old next July.

It has covered 190,000 kms.

I am its third owner.

It can go 110 kph easily but I rarely go faster than 80 kph.

It is definitely not suitable for anyone who wants a modern, trendy, fashionable van.

It doesn't have an auto select fridge.

It doesn't have a Combi water/space heater with an automatic dump valve.

It doesn't have an electrically operated step.

It doesn't even have a cambelt.

It does have...

- A three way fridge which I can (and do) service myself and which works perfectly and has done for the last eight years. I select 12 volt, 220 volts or gas operation myself. Unless I break all my fingers, I don't have any "selection" problems. It works perfectly.

- A gas fired Truma 5002 space heater with a blower fan (if required). I select the fan settings myself or I can choose "automatic" if I want. It doesn't need the fan to warm up the van. If my batteries go dead I can still keep warm. I can (and have) remove it for servicing myself in 15 mins.

- a gas fired, thermostatically controlled water heater. I select the temperature myself by turning the wall mounted dial. It doesn't empty itself without me wanting it to. I have no need of a clothes peg.

- a step which I operate with a lever from just inside the door. It has never failed to operate.

- an engine (with a timing chain) which can be serviced by any competent mechanic without needing to plug it into a computer.

I am frequently approached by people asking if I want to sell it. I suppose eveything has a price but any buyer would have to pay me over twice what I paid for it all those years ago because that is the very least I would need to find a replacement.

I expect in this beautiful, classic motorhome to last me until I go to that huge motorhome show in the sky. I hope I can take it with me!

Sounds just like my pre swift auto cruise stargazer .JJ ..

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
[QUOTE="JJ, post: 1771603, member: 2459"
JJ :cool:[/QUOTE]

Interesting point; in five years of ownership the only thing on our fourteen year old Hymer that has ever let us down is the ECU!

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back