Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi All

I know it’s a long way away but I’m thinking of going to France and perhaps over the coarse of a couple of months hitting the top part of Spain.
Although I would be OK going on my own it would be nice to have some sort of company and a bit of moral support, not that I want to live in each other’s pockets i.e. follow each other to all destinations but go your separate ways at times and meet up at various places and times etc.

Although I’m single I don’t care who it is who I travel with, a couple heterosexual or gay, single, any religion or political bent.

I have nothing planned at the moment so I’m open to suggestions.

Or perhaps I can meet certain people over there nothing set in stone so if anyone is thinking of doing something similar it would be nice to hear from you.
Best Wishes Tony

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think @pondfairy and a few others have been posting looking for people to travel with ..but I can't find the thread. Maybe she will come on and point us to it.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In my experience, you soon make mates and acquaintances on the road...

Next thing you know, it is one rolling, on the move, party.

Then, with all your new mates, you can gather either early in the morning or late in the evening out side my van and annoy me with your laughter and song singing.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi All

I know it’s a long way away but I’m thinking of going to France and perhaps over the coarse of a couple of months hitting the top part of Spain.
Although I would be OK going on my own it would be nice to have some sort of company and a bit of moral support, not that I want to live in each other’s pockets i.e. follow each other to all destinations but go your separate ways at times and meet up at various places and times etc.

Although I’m single I don’t care who it is who I travel with, a couple heterosexual or gay, single, any religion or political bent.

I have nothing planned at the moment so I’m open to suggestions.

Or perhaps I can meet certain people over there nothing set in stone so if anyone is thinking of doing something similar it would be nice to hear from you.
Best Wishes Tony
Exactly what I did with my friends @Popeye the first time I went .soon got confidence and had a great time . So there is no reason to be overly concerned. I am crossing in June for a couple of weeks to tour the Brest peninsula.then back over un September for the twin lakes meet and whatever else turns up or takes my fancy ...Roy

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I don’t care who it is who I travel with, a couple heterosexual or gay, single, any religion or political bent.

If you really don't care that much and would welcome a 'bent bi-guy' then do what I did and go with Roy, @Khizzie :rofl:

Joking apart, we had a great trip, didn't live in one another's van stayed together at fuel stops and that worked well. The only time we split up was when I took a very narrow fork right which the sat-nag suggested and Roy thought "Bugger That" and just left me there in tears.

I have a rather large van and turning it around in narrow lanes is tricky to say the least.

Griff.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Tony
I'd just head off in your own
You'll meet plenty of interesting folks along the way without having to tie yourself down to somebody else's itinerary

Just go for it !

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I'd just head off in your own
You'll meet plenty of interesting folks along the way without having to tie yourself down to somebody else's itinerary
Hi Robert Thanks for that, I might just do that in the end but it would be nice to know some Funsters were in the same region.
Best Wishes Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I have a rather large van and turning it around in narrow lanes is tricky to say the least.
I have the same problem so narrow lanes I try to avoid.
best Wishes Tony

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I have the same problem so narrow lanes I try to avoid.
best Wishes Tony

Personally I would be very wary about any back passages on your travels, but it's good to see you have an open mind :)

Hardly being seasoned veterans, we've gone off on our own numerous times, and made quite a few buddies on the way. Sometimes you get to know more people that way

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Tony, when are you thinking of going?.
Hi Mickey1 Nothing sorted yet as to when so I'm open to suggestions and very flexible, but not in the body. lol
if someone else has already thought about dates etc if I can fall in with them then I might.
Others might have ideas as to when the best time to go for cost sake.
As I've said first time doing this so I will listen to what people have to say then ignore it. LOL
Best Wishes Tony

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Thanks Tony, I work through the summer but come end of October I'll be looking to go somewhere warmer for the winter.

Mickey.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Exactly what I did with my friends @Popeye the first time I went .soon got confidence and had a great time . So there is no reason to be overly concerned. I am crossing in June for a couple of weeks to tour the Brest peninsula.then back over un September for the twin lakes meet and whatever else turns up or takes my fancy ...Roy
Hi Roy,
Just a couple of nice aires you might be interested in around the Brest area for June ,
Bourg Blanc nice lakeside aire
gps - 48.492136, -4.502722

Lampaul Plouarzel nice beach side aire
48.446944, -4.777319

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi Roy,
Just a couple of nice aires you might be interested in around the Brest area for June ,
Bourg Blanc nice lakeside aire
gps - 48.492136, -4.502722

Lampaul Plouarzel nice beach side aire
48.446944, -4.777319
Are they in all the Aires book ?? However thanks I will have a look . Roy.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
did what you are thinking off Tony last October, got down as far as Portugal then worked my way back up through centre of Spain and France went to see all the sites I never got to go on business, came across the Twin lake by chance stayed there for a few days I was the only MH, got to see the Bayeux Tapestry and the Normandy beaches its a must plus Pegasus Bridge , met a few people it was fine, just take off and go, I never had a plan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back