A little more power please?

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by Floozie2, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Floozie2

Floozie2 Read Only Funster

I'm running a 1991 Hymer camp on a Fiat Ducato 2.5D. Never blessed with a huge amount of power, I'm finding that I'm really struggling to get up inclines and keep up in traffic and she's all out of ideas at 50mph - 55 downhill with the wind behind. any suggestions on how I can get her balanced up right to give me a touch more power. Or am I flogging a dead horse, as it were.
    Cheers!

2. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

You need one of these...:Rofl1:

Attached Files:

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi,Years ago I had an Elldiss Autostratus with the same 2.5 naturaly aspirated diesel,I know how you feel but 50/55 is a bit slow even for one of them.Have you checked that its getting full throttle? Is the pedal going to the floor and not being stopped by carpet till it gets full power?.
    Get somone to sit in the cab with there foot on the pedal and check the injector pump that the throttle is fully open,a common fault is that the cable has stretched and needs adjustment or carpet is stopping it going fully down.Dont try to open the pump yourself as it will overfuel,just check for cable play.

4. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

:Rofl1::Rofl1: same prob till i went to WOW tuning,,, then wow can cruise at well above the speed limit if i want to but got it for more touque for mountain/fuel econ,, well worth it saves me money on the trips to south of france/spain/italy,,use to use 6 tanks to monaco,now only use 4 max:Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. harryoxford2

harryoxford2 Read Only Funster

Im with snowbird

Im with Snowbird on this one as a kick off point, I had an old mini van and a connector had dropped down behind the accelerator pedal stopping it being fully depressed.
    As a completely gone off on a tangent mode I have to say that I had a parafin stove strapped in the back too as heating and the door held together with string....Happy days of youth and reckless disreguard to my own and others safety.

If none of the above then the wow factor sounds good

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

This is a non turbo engine so the wow factor is a non starter.:Smile:

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

It doesn't have an ECU .. (engine control unit) so it cannot be mapped or chipped.

8. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

It doe's sound very much as snowbird said, my berlingo when I first got it wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding' adjusted the throttle cable (it was only getting half throttle) and now it romps along at 70 no problems, being normally aspirated though it aint a racing car.

All the best Rick