A little light assistance?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by WynandJean, Aug 13, 2012.

1. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Ok folks, I'm looking into replacing my halogen bulbs with LED's. No problem with 14 of them but I do have a problem with this one:
    P8130001.jpg

I can't work out how to get the bulb out of the unit. There are no visible screws and there is virtually no gap between the edge of the bulb and the rim of the unit. Tried pushing, twisting, prising and all I have succeeded in doingis to break the lens off the front of the bulb.

HELP!!!! :shout:

Wyn

2. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Managed to get a couple more shots:

[/ATTACH]

If that helps

Wyn

Attached Files:

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

those normally have a retaining ring round the front to hold the bulb in. you could also lever it out as the bulb has 2 rear facing pins. maybe a flat blade through the vent slots will help push the bulb out

4. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

it looks like one of the standard type 12v low voltage halogen lamps, they have two prongs on the back that normally just push in to fit, if you have broken the front piece of glass then you will probably have to try and pull the remainder out with a pair of pliers, you can get a little clamp on suction device from a lighting / electrical store to help you get the bulbs out ,

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

If all else fails the units are sold by www.caravan-parts.org. They might be able to answer your question.

6. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Slide a thin knife through the slot in the side of the unit and lever the bulb out simple!

7. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Success

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I had a feeling that it was a push-in 2 pin fitting but, as I said, trying to prise it out only succeeded in breaking the front lens off. Emboldened by your confirmation that it was just a matter of prising it out I set about it with greater enthusiasm and managed to work it loose using two blades slipped through either side of the vent slits (no spring clip). Although I had already tried this I was able to give it more 'welly' knowing that it was the way to get it out.

Thanks to each of you :BigGrin: This forum is SO helpful.

Wyn

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012