A Little Bit of Motorhome Fun at Hopfarm... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A Touch of Funsterism at the Hopfarm Music Festival...

I notice that, in general, the motorhomes are older here than at the Funsters' meets I have attended and the "three metre between vans" rule seems to be overlooked!

The weather is gorgeous and the atmosphere is excellent and the pies are tasty if expensive!

JJ

Wish you were all here...

Attachments

• Wagon at Hopfarm 1.jpg
    Wagon at Hopfarm 1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Wagon at Hopfarm 2.jpg
    Wagon at Hopfarm 2.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Outside My Door This Morning.jpg
    Outside My Door This Morning.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 56
  • Festival Funsters.jpg
    Festival Funsters.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 59

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Glad to see that you are having FUN, JJ.
What a great line up to listen to. Van Morrison, Bob Dylan and Ray Davies, wish we were there with you.
Enjoy

Brisey

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs JJ, it sound fabulous. Why didn't you give us all loads of warning. What's the chance of a meet at somewhere like this. Looks great and lovely to see you having fun.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Crumbs JJ, it sound fabulous. Why didn't you give us all loads of warning. What's the chance of a meet at somewhere like this. Looks great and lovely to see you having fun.:thumb:

It would be superb to have a Funster meet here but the cost might put off quite a few of us... £25 for camping van and £25 per person per day!

My gang set me back nearly five hundred squid (and I still had to cook my own brekky!!)

The camper van tickets sold out so I doubt Mr Vince Power could be talked into giving us a discount on the grounds that we would bring more motorhomers to the event...

JJ

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
JJ I'm confused is the hop festival in UK or Portugal thought thats were you were, anyway where ever it is keep on enjoying looks great. ::bigsmile:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
It would be superb to have a Funster meet here but the cost might put off quite a few of us... £25 for camping van and £25 per person per day!

That's precisely what puts us off most of the festivals. When did they all start charging such stupid prices?

I stopped going to Glastonbury when the robbers put the tickets up to £25!

Although we are going to this one again:

Link Removed

£200 for the six of us for a week, including all activities, is just about acceptable. :thumb:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like fun JJ! Love the festival atmosphere and close proximity as long as it's not for too long :ROFLMAO: Amazing weather again too.

We are missing our festival fix this year :Sad: We'd possibly be up for a meet like this next year if we are in the country :Smile:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Folks,

Back in Bath now... (going to Portugal on Thursday Carol)

Despite mant shortcomings our group had a great time...

Organisation was poor... far too many (paying) people for the laid on facilities hence long queues for everything. There were still queues for pizza (at £7) at midnight on Saturday night.

The music was good although dear old Bob is well, well past his best, the lighting was non existent and there were NO close up shots of him or his band on the big screens (unlike Ray Davies and Van Morrison).

Won't be doing this one again but it did highlight the fun to be had at a Funsters' meet!

I reckon if they had Haganap closing with his Karoke set it would have rounded it off nicely!

JJ :winky: :winky: :winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have stayed at the hopfarm site before. Not particularly impressive but it wasn't one of those special event things.

The Hopfarm is though a rip off. We went (without the van) to a Xmas special fantasy wonderland blah blah event. I can't remember the exact amount of money they were asking for but it was absolutely stupid. For 3 of us it was over £140.:Eeek:

Quick u turn with dissapointed daughter I'm afraid.

Amanda

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
MH
sundance 630g
Exp
since 2006 with my mom & dad
I had a lot of fun at the great escape so i think i would have enjoyed the festiival, perhaps next year. Have fun in Portugal JJ. see you at western show. love Amanda xxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back