A little 5 day jaunt near home (1 Viewer)

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks to some friends who requested (Financially induced) us to vacate our home so they could stay in it, meant we spent the last 5 days on an unexpected outing in our motorhome around the north of Scotland. Setting off from Dunfermline we headed for Fraserburgh in NE Scotland and watched the tide come and go overnight from the esplanade, before spending a night on an isolated beach at North Aberdour, where the local community council provide parking places and toilets on a beach site that is completely free, camp fires can be lit and barbeques enjoyed with no polite notices ordering us not to do this or that. It is wonderfully clean the only untidy beasts being the gulls that invade the rubbish bins to scavenge for food.
Monday saw us at Glenfinnan on the road to Mallaig, great overnight spot for £2 before turning south on to the Arnamurchan peninsula to catch the ferry on to the Island of Mull. A circular tour around the northern loop then down to Craignure to overnight at Forestry site before catching the ferry back to Oban, then down to Loch Lomond to camp overnight at the Lochside before returning home. We saw our Luss members motorhome but sadly did not have time to pop in - but hi anyway!

A problem of cassette emptying and water filling was solved by calling in at a couple of campsites and politely asking if we might empty our cassette and refill with water for a small fee, on both occasions we were courteously received and facilities made available to us. One of the places was a Caravan and Camping Club members only site, who obliged for a donation to her flower fund; after much criticism heard of C&CC and not being a member of said organisation I have to say the lady concerned was helpfulness personified.

I must confess after such a great trip I wondered why we always go abroad and then it rained and I remembered - but I must confess I will think of doing shorter trips closer to home more often after such a great wee jaunt.

Norman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back