A helpful piece of advice (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
images

If you could give just one tip, or piece of advice to anyone considering buying a motorhome, what would it be?

Mine would be.....
Google the make/model of van you're thinking of buying (and the selling dealers name) and see what people are saying about them.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't rush out and buy accessories ... eg crockery ... straight away because once you start going to the shows you will sure as eggs is eggs see something you like better.

Oh, that should have been second.... firstly, buy a solar panel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Don't rush out and buy accessories ... eg crockery ... straight away because once you start going to the shows you will sure as eggs is eggs see something you like better.

Oh, that should have been second.... firstly, buy a solar panel.
Hang on a minute Joy......
you're only allowed one piece of advice.
You'll have to choose one and delete the other
Sorry, but rules is rules :whistle:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hang on a minute Joy......
you're only allowed one piece of advice.
You'll have to choose one and delete the other
Sorry, but rules is rules :whistle:

Oh ok then..... buy a solar panel so that you have enough energy in your battery to see your food when you are eating it off the plates you are using from your house to eat off for the first three months.. :) :) xx

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Oh ok then..... buy a solar panel so that you have enough energy in your battery to see your food when you are eating it off the plates you are using from your house to eat off for the first three months.. :) :) xx

Nice one movan, nicely worked!! :LOL:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Google the make/model of van you're thinking of buying (and the selling dealers name) and see what people are saying about them.

I fully agree - if we had done that when we bought our first MoHo then the make/model would have come up tops and the dealer would have had a "never buy a van here" tag on it!! We would still have bought a Rapido 966M auto (if we could have found one) but from a different dealer!

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Go and view lots of them. Sit in them, lie in them, shut yourself in the bathroom. Just look, look, and look again.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Research and get the right layout - saves you a lot of money!!

One with a fixed bed you can get out of without climbing over your partner

Layout is all.
We spent hours and hours sitting in vans and moving about and laying down and sitting in the bathrooms and annoying the salesman.
Work out your perfect layout then find it, then try it out as much as poss.

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Don't talk yourself into buying the van because you think someone else will 'snap it up' unless you buy it! There are plenty of vans out there, just take your time.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Hire a van, come to a rally, that way you get to try the van you've hired, and lot's of funsters I am sure will gladly let you 'snoop' around their pride and joy! :D

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Don't bother with dealers if buying an older motorhome in the UK. I've just seen an identical van to mine, higher mileage, same reg, far less accessories, advertised at £9k more than I paid for mine privately a year ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back