Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newbies, now have a Chausson Flash 08
So here we are with our new, old motorhome which we've now owned for 48 hours, complete beginners . We're currently at a site that has a drain to pour grey water down but you cannot drive over it. What do you recommend we use/buy in such situations? It doesn't matter at the moment as we are only here til Monday and can empty where we will store (until next trip). Just wondered what we need.

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
A bucket, but not a normal bucket.

A bucket with holes in the bottom that you place under the grey waste pipe and which never fills up.

I am selling these buckets at £17.99 ( €19.99) if you are interested.

PM me or e mail chris@magicblinkingbucket.com

On no account buy any buckets from Chris,they are not type approved and do not comply with european standards.
Our low profile buckettes are fully type approved and guaranteed for 25 years.They are slightly more expensive at 25 euros but they come with a 10 euro delivery charge any where in Europe and are also guaranteed to be un-fillable and non -returnable .
For orders of 5 or more there is a small discount.
Note these buckettes are hand drilled and for peace of mind are
hand wrapped in christmas paper a gift-for that special person in your life.
order by pm now for christmas delivery.
Please send cash only,we do not take cheques or cards.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
we stopped at a site in Gairloch last month with a masterpiece of engineering, comprising soil pipe with bends and wooden brackets to hold it at just the right angle, it was even adjustable for length (y)

all because the gully emptying point was in the grass verge, it would nearly have been easier to move the gulley :)
Gairloch Caravan Park. We always stay there, and love the place.
His solution to emptying grey water really is simple, and as you rightly put, a masterpiece.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
beejay

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Didn't realise this discussion was still continuing!! To repeat we've bought some hose as suggested and my partner has put together a solution which he's tested so it's all good.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@beejay

just to ease your mind, from the moment you include the words 'grey' and 'water' in a thread title you effectively give up any control and more importantly responsibility for the replies, the very best you can hope for, which I think you achieved, is a semi useful reply somewhere near the beginning (y):)

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Beejay you can't throw in a statement like " my partner has put together a solution which he's tested " without telling us all about it. As the instigator of this long tedious drawn out thread which has questioned and in some cases provoked some interesting views and opinions you must take full responsibility to ensure we are kept fully informed with any updates you have. You are now the Funsters Grey Water Guru.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
beejay

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Beejay you can't throw in a statement like " my partner has put together a solution which he's tested " without telling us all about it. As the instigator of this long tedious drawn out thread which has questioned and in some cases provoked some interesting views and opinions you must take full responsibility to ensure we are kept fully informed with any updates you have. You are now the Funsters Grey Water Guru.
Well I don't know about being an expert but I'll try and get him to log into this account to give you the low down. He has posted pics on the Chausson FB group page....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
beejay

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
My OH , Beejay, has asked me to post pictures of our solution to "grey water issues" and here they are ..! very straight forward, only 4 pieces of kit. 1x jubilee clip, 1x hose holder, 4 metres 28mm flexible hose (Highbridge supplied) and 1 x 32 mm push fit plastic pipe connector... I cut approx 1 metre hose off to connect to grey tap..the rest used for extension! Do not forget to put a locking nut on the back of the bolt that secures clip to gas bottle tray as if you do not, when you tighten another nut to hold it on the tray...it will restrict the " spring" effect of holding the hose..makes it more difficult to release.! 100 litres of grey water will weigh 100kgs so it's great to dispose of it correctly before your next journey away from site, as the weight saving is part of your travelling allowance...saving fuel perhaps too.. if only marginal.. other benefits include as you open tap, mucky grey not likely to catch your hand.. minimises need to carry grey "trolley", collapsible/buckets etc...works for us! IMG_20161002_113233.jpg IMG_20161002_121321.jpg DSC04984.JPGIMG_20161002_124753.jpg IMG_20161002_124525.jpg IMG_20161002_125000.jpg IMG_20161002_125027.jpg IMG_20161002_125032.jpgDSC04985.JPG
hope the pictures self explanatory. Flexible hose routed back from tap and no need to secure as it follows inside contour of bodywork.The push connector is secured to the extension hose! total cost hose..£11, hose clip, connector and spring clip...£2.45p and approx 1/2 hour fitting..RESULT!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
beejay

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have a 10L bucket for use with grey water when necessary. It takes up very little space as it is full of stuff which would be there in the locker anyway
which you have to empty each time to use and as many litres of waste div ided by approx 9 litres equals number of trips to waste are! lol

Upvote 0

PeteS

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
35yrs
I've now got to rush out and buy a bucket or tank to empty a tank, then I could buy another tank to empty the second tank into!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
beejay

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
that's a little like the 2 plastic bin liners at the same time in your bin ,,,the 2nd one ready to use as the 1st one's full!!! lol

Upvote 0

Exu

Free Member
Dec 31, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
If you are in Spain (we live here) do NOT leave your grey water drain tap open when travelling. The Guardia Civil have stated looking for motorhomes leaving a tell-tale dribble of water along the road and are very happy to collect an on-the-spot contribution (to their Christmas Fund?)

My valve would no longer seal completely so I had to fit a new one to avoid leakage.

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
If you are in Spain (we live here) do NOT leave your grey water drain tap open when travelling. The Guardia Civil have stated looking for motorhomes leaving a tell-tale dribble of water along the road and are very happy to collect an on-the-spot contribution (to their Christmas Fund?)

My valve would no longer seal completely so I had to fit a new one to avoid leakage.

But the whole of Spain is a river of grey water and worse! :)

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Bucket my a**e.

Invest wisely in my soon to be patented grey water redistribution system, a snip at only £4,750 plus VAT:

To avoid MHF controversy my system can be towed on an A-frame, 10% of all proceeds are donated to CND, and it will only take up two extra pitches on an aire.

RV owners may wish to consider my deluxe redistribution system, price on application to Wombourne Effryminit Enterprises:

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Dangerous but such good fun, getting paid to do what would otherwise be illegal :)

Illegal in low flying over dumping grey waste :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back