A Great Weekend at Newark

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by carl65, Mar 27, 2011.

1. carl65

carl65 Funster

i would like to say a big thank you to all that put a great weekend together, Newark meet was a corker, FUN FUN FUN special thanks to Pam and Nigel, ever the professionals organizing a superb meet,
    Saturday in the shed was a special night one i will not forget, eating super welsh cakes, semosas, were to die for and the beer was good, :BigGrin:

2. lou020

lou020 Funster

thank you jim & co for a really good newark fun meet. this was our 1st meet but will not be the last. we met some very nice funsters,it's amazing how every one can be so friendly. ps the bacon butties were very tasty too.:thumb:
    Louis, Julie, Robert, Stuart

3. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

We loved it too. Just got home and here I am but don't you dare say I'm addicted. Thanks to everyone who organised, ie Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian and anyone else I've forgotten. To all those who left early today, you missed a laugh at our expense as we chased Ellie around the vans a dozen times to get her on the lead to go home. She must have been having a good time like the rest of us. :Laughing::Laughing::Laughing:

Ivy

4. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

We can second that. Superbly organised and we even got to park in straight lines, somebody must have had the string line out.:Wink:

Good to meet so many friendly people, although we didn't spot Road Runner until we were leaving around 5pm this afternoon (he was heading roughly in the direction of Peter H's van, although that may not have been his destination).

Jaws was just like I imagined from his posts and very entertaining in that new [STRIKE]frog[/STRIKE] of his, sorry, toad, I'm still learning the lingo! I still think him getting first prize in the quiz was a set up :Angry: even if he tried to convince us it was genuine. :Blush:

Apologies to Ivy (Loujess) in particular when she discovered I didn't look anything like Rolf Harris, I never said I did. :RollEyes:

Thanks again to Nigel and Pamala, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for a good time, we might even remember some names next time!

5. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Myself and Dawn had a nice day out at Newark on Saturday..and we met and put faces to names..Thanks for making us feel so welcome even though we aren't strictly Motorhomers as such..I'll second that about the Welsh Cakes!!

We only stopped for around 30 minutes and had a chat with Peter H Alan (laneside) Diablo (Dane and Hazel) and Jim but it was a very "family feel" sort of thing!!

6. lallymc

lallymc Funster Life Member

Thankyou everyone for a fab weekend

We had a great time, even though liitle one was poorly and my back was still playing sillys...

Was great to meet up with the funsters again and to put some faces to names of others that we hadn't met yet. Alan, Ken,Maggie,Andy Sheila, Andy Lisa , Cheyne and Lynne was great to finally meet all of you after speaking most nights in the chat room.

Chris Bill, Val , Bob, Dee, Des. Marylin, Steve and lynn and Ash , enjoyed your company as always .

And everyone else, just amazing to meet up with u all, have to say that everyone is just so friendly.

Jim any chance of anyother badge, Ben didnt get enough lol , Thanks to you and everyone for the fun quiz , the lovely bacon sandwiches this morning and putting lots of effort into making the weekend as great as it was

hope to see many of you at Misterton

Leanne and Paul x:Smile::Smile:

7. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

We are home too now and had a good time (well I did lol) nice to put names to faces, shame saturday was so cold and windy but apart from that it was good.
    Thanks to Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for sorting us funsters out with entertainment over the weekend and bacon butties this morning.
    Thanks to Ash for sorting my airlock out and giving me water in the van again.

8. LBrown

LBrown Read Only Funster

Thank you all for a lovely weekend. Extra special thanks to maggie and reluctant bill for so much help with everthing and the loan of a) hosepipes b) engine for a jump start, c) awning thingymejig and d) step ladders! We would have been lost without you and jason thinks bill is the bees knees! Bill reminded me of the daffodils we were all given; tight little buds on arrival but lovely big beautiful blooms by the time we left on sunday! Looking forward to seeing you again soon x

9. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

Well we arrived home after our long journey (took us about 25 mins)!!!!
    Thanks Jim, sian, Pamala, Nigel, Jock & Rita for a great weekend.
    At least it was dry for the weekend, although a little cold on saturday.
    Nice to put faces to names.
    Some of you funsters are still at newark, so have a safe journey home and see those who are going to peterborough in 3 weeks time.

10. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

Thanks Jim, sian, Pamala, Nigel, Jock & Rita for a great weekend.
    the show seams to get smaller but the funster turnout gets larger:Smile:
    enjoyed the bacon butties and looking forward to Peterborough

11. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Its 5am, one more cuppa and we will pull of the pitch at Newark.:Smile: We had a great time this weekend, we met a LOT of new faces, and saw plenty of familiar ones for the first time this year. Nigel and Pamala did stirling work, :clap::clap: organising everything; naming that country:Smile: and the aeroplane race were great fun whether you took part or just watched and our unexpected spectacle of fire eating from Upmarkethippy went some way to warming the cattle shed! :Smile: Thanks also to JockandRita, all day Friday Jock ran himself ragged parking most people up on our massive pitch, I think he must have done at least a half marathon and Rita for her help with breakfast on Sunday, buttering hundreds of bread rolls. Thanks to Jaws who more than made up for not having a microphone on Saturday. :BigGrin: Simon for his sound system (and trailer light repairing):thumb: And to all of you bought along food to share, thanks.

A particular thanks to all those Funsters, who turn up with a smile on their face, eager to chat, help each other out and just enjoy their motorhome, you were fantastic, See you at the next one:thumb:

Blue Skies
    Jim and Sian

12. shirlandy

shirlandy Funster

newark

Although we only visited for the day,it was nice to receive a warm welcome from funsters.As said so many times its nice to put names to faces,Alan and OI (sorry) i mean ken and their other halves. Also Leanne,Paul and Ben hope you are feeling better.We briefly said hello to Pammy but missed out on Geo as he was busy talking and didnt want to disturb any conversations.We arrived just in time for the bacon butties so that was a added bonus then a nice cuppa provided by runrig,Sheila and Mick.Thanks to all regards Andy&Shirley:thumb:. ps not forgetting Aba Andy hope you and everyone has a safe jouney home .

13. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Arrived home about 12 o'clock after a great weekend.

Thanks to Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for all their hard work and organising.

Thanks to all the Funsters we met and spoke to (some for the first time) - and to all those we didn't get to speak to on that massive field - for making it a great weekend.

14. Blondi

Blondi Funster

Just wanted to add our thanks for all the hard work the stewards did.

We had a smashing time, meeting up with some old faces, and meeting some new ones.

See some of you at Peterborough.

Pete and Di

15. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Massive up and thanks to one and all who hosted the Fun lot and herded us in to a more or less orderly group :thumb:

Loved the games and sorry to anyone who happened to be looking my way when I dropped me kacks in attempt to get strange things up my trouser leg !!!!!!!!!!!

16. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Just back from Newark

:thanks2:

Thanks to everyone involved organising this great meet, particularly Jim, sian, Pamala, Nigel, Jock & Rita.

This was our first meet with the Funsters (1st of many hopefully) and it was a pleasure to meet so many similarly minded fellow members not to mention the bacon rolls.

17. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

I've got photographic evidence of that.

Can anybody enlighten me in how to post to the gallery? I've tried it but as there is'nt a gallery in the rallies and meets section with the heading Newark 2011 I don't seem able to. Also if I do eventually find out how to, what is the optimum size for individual photos?

In the meantime here's Jaws in a state of undress - not for the squeamish.

Attached Files:

18. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Thanks from us too, it was a great weekend putting faces to usernames. Alan's food n drink made to the last day. :Eeek:
    A pity the weather went downhill a bit but it was dry. :thumb:
    Have to say the show was poor, not many places to buy summat to flog next week at half price. :Smile:

19. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Great weekend putting faces to names.
    Met some good people. (and Scran)
    Thanks Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for all the hard work that went into a good well organised weekend.

20. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

got home safely about an hour ago :thumb:(why do slurry tankers only do 40mph on the A15 ?)

thanks to Nigel and Pamela, Jim and Sain and Jock.....hitherto known as the marshalls :Laughing:...for all their work.

nice to see old faces and meet some new ones too....though whether i'll remember them next time is a different story :Doh:

excellent new season shakedown and what few problems i had have been addressed and sorted....i hope :Doh: