"A" Framer fined in Germany! (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Alan it seems if a new B+E licence holder wanted to drive your combination they would need to take a "C1" test, then a "C1+E" test plus medicals. :whatthe:

Ian

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
or i drop the units weight to 3,500kg and mot the unit .
pre 97 licence i could drop the unit to 3,500kg then put the trailer back up to 5ton . then mot both .
i prefer my way . no mots at all. ha ha .
articulated vehicle over 3,500kg gvw towing a living van thats under 3,500kg gvw
reference v112g exemption form .classes 13 and class 35.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped...... it said b...s
It actually said B.......'s, meaning someone's. I was trying to protect their/his identity.

clipped......... i assumed the op had a licence pre 97 .
He does. 8.25 tonnes in total, including the un-braked trailer up to 750Kgs.

clipped.......i also assumed they were in a large m,home towing a car .
They were.

It would have been easier if I had just put up a link to the post, on A. N. Other forum, but again, I was trying to protect their/his identity. :Doh:
In fact, it would have been easier, and more protecting, if I had posted "bu##er all". :Sad:

Regards,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no made a little chat . hopefully someone may have learnt something .
its not quite like chatting around the camp fire i must say. never mind open another cheers alan.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
i think the germans have upto 12ton on there pre 97 licences .
maybe wrong but a few german friends have it when they passed their car test.
the op mentioned b licences .sorry just looked again i miss read the first post . it said b...s
i took it to mean b licence category . sorry.

No need to apologise Alan! We all misread things sometimes, I am the worst culprit! :ROFLMAO:

Certainly would be worth looking into though, as it could affect some of us on here. I have looked at various 'travelling abroad' type advisory sites - they all seem pretty vague when it comes to the driving licence side of things, referring you researching the country's laws you are in. This may back up the OP's story - but sure you drive in compliance with the licence of your country, but apply to the local laws of the road as it were with the other driving regs.

If as the report suggests, it is a new law - it may have not filtered down yet to be adjusted on UK sites. I might send off a quick e-mail to the AA to clarify, as it would appear they need updating anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back