A Frame for a Smart - Info needed (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I want an A Frame fitted to my Smartcar. Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere to get it done in the Slough area - within about 50 miles, or am I going to have to travel miles to get it done?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Dave

The nearest we could find when we were thinking of having Pam's Smart done was Car-A-Tow in Poole. We spoke to them at the Newbury Show last year, they told us they would need the car for a day. Not sure if they will fit at a show, but with Peterborough and Newbury coming up in a month or so it may be worth asking.

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
i'm in the same boat right now, need an a-frame for my smart, tho i am happy to fit it my self as there's nowt to it on a new shape smart,

wonder if we could get together and do a deal with the supplier, buy 2 of them at the same time and get them cheaper.

what kind of prices do the different people ask for their a-frames for the smart?? mines a 09 plate fortwo, the 451 model, which is apparantly easier as the 2 towing eye bolts in the bumper can be utilised (NS one needs bumper drilling to access, but that's easier than faffing about with a chassis plate and big slots in the front end)

i've seen them for around £750, and thats what i hope to pay, the one that uses a lightweight unbraked a-frame and pneumatic braking via a box under the seat is about £1400 all in, and i dont buy their spiel about needing the servo active on a smart, as i have expelled all vacuum out of my servo, engine off, rolled the car down the road and was able to stop easily with no servo assistance, and i have arthritis in my knees)

i know of smart tow (thats the expensive one with the air/vacuum brake system) car a tow, towtall, chris cox, who else???

Last edited:
OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
My smart is a 52 four2 451, just looked and cant see if there are 2 towing points. However if there are then fitting would be a piece of cake. I will call a fitter and ask what needs to be done and if they fit at shows. Could be I get Eddi to drive it when we go to Newbury if they do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back