A few pic's for you Concorde peeps (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
You could buy 5 or 6 vans like mine for one of those ;)

p7291996-jpg.70715
Now that's the sort of layout we would like in our next van, plenty of room for chilling!, does it have permanent beds or do you have to make them up every night? and what length would your van be please Jim?

Andy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Now that's the sort of layout we would like in our next van, plenty of room for chilling!, does it have permanent beds or do you have to make them up every night? and what length would your van be please Jim?

Andy
Our van is only 27' 4" feet long (8.23m) and has two fixed beds. It's wide though at 2.54m

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
One thing not mentioned in this thread is the residual value of say a European A Class compared with a C class American. The American will depreciate in value much quicker than the European - Fact.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Till you want to get shot of it that is - thats when you get a shock.

That depends on the van, I won't lose money. If I buy one of those £250k Cathargos what will it be worth in 5 years? You could by my van with what you'd lose ;)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I quite fancy an RV, not sure if I fancy driving one though.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
One thing not mentioned in this thread is the residual value of say a European A Class compared with a C class American. The American will depreciate in value much quicker than the European - Fact.
Fact? LOL Hard to quantify and I know of people having some eye watering losses on both European and American vans, equally I know of sales that have amazed me for what people have paid for second hand vans.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
But does anyone buy a Motorhome because of future values, or for the fun times they have in the meantime?
We have customers that refuse to remove labels,floor and upholstery protectors off as it will reduce the resale value! Madness in my opinion

But that's why we are all different, some of us love Yanks some love European vans and some love British vans

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Not sure that's correct if you buy second hand some fantastic bargains about especially for cash buyers.
As for Concorde we looked at em loads of times and opted for an RV everytime. Just cannot see the value good quality yeah but the layouts are lousy, big van useless little circular lounge, just don't get it.

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
The eternal dilemma. RV's have a much higher specification equipment wise than European motorhomes. European motorhomes are better built in the main than American RV's

Most of the RV's that are imported into the UK are entry level, and not built to a great standard.

Our van cost £120K and the first thing that we did was upholster the dinette to match the cream leather of the two settee's and the two Captains seats.

The Settee's are proper domestic style quality bits of furniture, and the Captain seats are extremely comfy electric jobs that electrically slide backwards and forwards tilt and turn. The dinette was (still is really) Four bits of upholstered foam! They were binned and new sculptured memory foam ones were ordered. I suspect that the option is either a freestanding table and chairs or the dinette, which is chucked in at the last minute if you don't want the freestanding table:censored: It didn't even match :LOL:

But the list of toys it came with as standard, is unrivalled with European motorhomes

I think it depends on what 'Euro' van you go for Eddie.
We've had two Yanks and two "Euro' vans.
Our Autotrail Cheiftain just didn't do it for us and it lasted 9 months before it had to go.:mad:
The Concorde Liner is fully loaded apart from the slide outs but that was the compromise having to go smaller.Our Rv's were lovely but the quality is better on the Liner.
If my wife was still in good health......Would we have sold our National Rv....No chance !!!!!:D

John.(y)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Cruiser on Merc Atego chassis, what an ugly van imo

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks for taking the trouble Martin,Lovely vehicles but vastly overpriced in my humble opinion.....Hence mine being eight years old !!!!!!:D
Having had a National Rv, the build quality is far superior on the Liner,in fact better than most of the big diesel pushers.:)

John.(y)

I sooooo wish I could get a liner down the lane where I live, or perhaps a Vario. I have to pull the mirrors in with the Arto.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Cruiser on Merc Atego chassis, what an ugly van imo
Neither of us have ever really liked the Cruiser style, but we saw this one and Mrs funflair was the first to say "that looks nice" and to be honest I liked it as well but not for us, I think they show their age in a few years time when the cab dates it.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I sooooo wish I could get a liner down the lane where I live, or perhaps a Vario. I have to pull the mirrors in with the Arto.
I had to pull the mirrors in on the tandem to get down your lane Jon MOVE, they have a Vario 2001 sprinter and a RMB white star again on a Sprinter at Niesmann camping.

JEN said yesterday is there anything to see at____________ what Vario I said, she said yes that's the one(y) I'm wearing her down slowly.

Martin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You could buy 5 or 6 vans like mine for one of those ;)

p7291996-jpg.70715
You might want to consider the framing of your photo a bit more next time Jim ... don't think Sian will appreciate having her undies on show on the forum (left window) ... unless of course they are yours? :D

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I think that Jim should have put shorts on before taking the picture

You can see his willy the refection on the front of the oven door:eek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think that Jim should have put shorts on before taking the picture

You can see his willy the refection on the front of the oven door:eek:
... I wonder how many funsters have gone back to the photo for a shuftie!!! :D

Actually, I though Jim was casting the large shadow on the floor .... :whistle:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oh Martin, just go and order one. You know you really want to and then you can start a Concorde owners club for us.
Kaye
I think it might be more fun looking.

When you are at the factory tell me them if they make a 8 metre with transvestite bed we will buy one or possibly 8.25 if it's on a Eurocargo.

Martin

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I think it might be more fun looking.

When you are at the factory tell me them if they make a 8 metre with transvestite bed we will buy one or possibly 8.25 if it's on a Eurocargo.

Martin
Surely a transvestite bed wouldn't know which way it went?

Jan 9, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Especially fishermen & builders Jon. Will do Martin, shall I put down a deposit if it's a goer?

Kaye

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Especially fishermen & builders Jon. Will do Martin, shall I put down a deposit if it's a goer?

Kaye
That's very good of you Kaye, JEN says "yes please"

Martin

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
them concorde s make good part bus es you are going to buy one Martin so get the wallet out

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back