A few pic's for you Concorde peeps (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Some photo's from the Spring open weekend as Niesmann camping.
IMG_0416.JPG

Cruiser on Merc Atego chassis.

IMG_0410.JPG

Motettini Birne with high gloss cupboards in the edition 35.

IMG_0413.JPG

Morettini Birne furniture and cupboards in high gloss cream white in Charisma.

IMG_0414.JPG

Rear lounge in the Carver 890 RRL.

IMG_0412.JPG

Morettini Birne Matt finish in the Charisma bathroom, there is one cupboards behind in high gloss Morettini but it looks silly with all the other cupboards in white.

Martin

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Very nice. Are you taking the plunge, you know you want to Martin? ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Lovely looking vans
Are you thinking of investing in one ?

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Somebody very recently posted they had visited all the concorde airplanes.
Guess what?!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You could buy 5 or 6 vans like mine for one of those ;)

You could indeed Jim - but would you want to? What do you do with 5 or 6 yank tanks?. The noise from their damned "furnaces" would drive you bonkers. Sounds like a Concord plane taking off. IMO the furniture/fittings in Yanks hasn't moved on from the 60's - an abundance of "pleather" and cabinets that look like they've been made in a wood work class. Very few storage lockers and everything made by Acme.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

PS - I apologise now before I get sent to Coventry.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

You could indeed Jim - but would you want to? What do you do with 5 or 6 yank tanks?. The noise from their damned "furnaces" would drive you bonkers. Sounds like a Concord plane taking off. IMO the furniture/fittings in Yanks hasn't moved on from the 60's - an abundance of "pleather" and cabinets that look like they've been made in a wood work class. Very few storage lockers and everything made by Acme.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

PS - I apologise now before I get sent to Coventry.

Yes but with the £160,000 savings :rofl:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I always take the pee out of German vans that cost more than a house and have a tiny living area cramped around a table, but the lounge area in this model is about perfect for me. Very sociable indeed. I love the floor, the kitchen is OK and the bathroom top notch. Two things ruin it, the the first is the price tag a cool £¼million :eek: that is seriously overpriced, and the second that even after paying all that cash, the bed is not an island, makes it a pain to get in and out of and a double pain to make.

used-lhd-concorde-charisma-850l-iveco-daily-3-0l-auto-a-class-motorhome-u200968_002.jpg

used-lhd-concorde-charisma-850l-iveco-daily-3-0l-auto-a-class-motorhome-u200968_006.jpg

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I always take the pee out of German vans that cost more than a house and have a tiny living area cramped around a table, but the lounge area in this model is about perfect for me. I love the floor, the kitchen is OK and the bathroom top notch. Two things ruin it, the the first is the price tag a cool £¼million :eek: that is seriously overpriced, and the second that even after paying all that cash, the bed is not an island, makes it a pain to get in and out of and a double pain to make.

used-lhd-concorde-charisma-850l-iveco-daily-3-0l-auto-a-class-motorhome-u200968_002.jpg

used-lhd-concorde-charisma-850l-iveco-daily-3-0l-auto-a-class-motorhome-u200968_006.jpg
Thought you would like the Carver 890RRL Jim, two front seats turn around st the front to face a mini office area complete with two desks and TV, the longer is at the back and the kitchen is huge, OK pull down bed not to everyone's liking and might only be two berth, we would have a transverse bed if we could to save half s metre overall length, I'm still OK at climbing over. Not sure about the big table in yours Jim we would go "Bar. Version"

Martin

Ps you can have island bed but it gets longer still.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Been a long time since I've seen something like that, last one I saw was towing the dodgem cars when the fair was in town.

:imoutahere:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

p7291996-jpg.70715
Your picture does demonstrate my issue with a c class rather well - so you've pulled up on a pretty aire next to a great view - but you've got to bend down to see it. Whereas with an a class....

I've also had recent experience of a motorhome with poor insulation.

Does look nice though.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

p7291996-jpg.70715
Slides make all the difference

Why do motorhome designers think that their customers either have no legs or can use the same floor space twice?

Ah! So sleeping bags only then? No fitted luxury Egyptian cotton sheets.

Some european vans are better finished than RV's I would agree.

Having said that, in 1988 we bought our first ever motorhome. A brand new Autohomes Highwayman. I was 28 and our kids were babies

Within six months we realised that we loved motorhoming, but had bought the wrong van. So we chopped it for a Swift Kontiki 600/6

we kept that for about 12 months until we bought a Gulf Stream Conquest.

I know if I had to have one back today I would prefer a 1990 Gulf Stream than a 1989 Kon Tiki and which one would have held their price better

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Slides make all the difference

Why do motorhome designers think that their customers either have no legs or can use the same floor space twice?

Ah! So sleeping bags only then? No fitted luxury Egyptian cotton sheets.

Some european vans are better finished than RV's I would agree.

Having said that, in 1988 we bought our first ever motorhome. A brand new Autohomes Highwayman. I was 28 and our kids were babies

Within six months we realised that we loved motorhoming, but had bought the wrong van. So we chopped it for a Swift Kontiki 600/6

we kept that for about 12 months until we bought a Gulf Stream Conquest.

I know if I had to have one back today I would prefer a 1990 Gulf Stream than a 1989 Kon Tiki and which one would have held their price better
Eddie

If you want more legroom you would spec the wider body +100 mm or go for a slide out option but they are not that popular on Europeans, I have seen a few and wouldn't go for it, apart from anything I don't have the license:LOL: agree about the bed though I would convert that one to transverse and put a couple of side units in the gaps, sleeping bags for tents.

Martin

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Thanks for taking the trouble Martin,Lovely vehicles but vastly overpriced in my humble opinion.....Hence mine being eight years old !!!!!!:D
Having had a National Rv, the build quality is far superior on the Liner,in fact better than most of the big diesel pushers.:)

John.(y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for taking the trouble Martin,Lovely vehicles but vastly overpriced in my humble opinion.....Hence mine being eight years old !!!!!!:D
Having had a National Rv, the build quality is far superior on the Liner,in fact better than most of the big diesel pushers.:)

John.(y)
Hi John

You are right about the pricing, but somebody has to be daft enough to buy the new one for there to be used ones for those with more sense, am I daft enough________not sure yet.

What pees me off is stuff like you get furniture and cupboards as standard but if you want one of the option colours which is still veneer it's another €4.5k, and stainless wheel trims are €500 well I just bought a set identical for £200 retail.

Martin

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Your picture does demonstrate my issue with a c class rather well - so you've pulled up on a pretty aire next to a great view - but you've got to bend down to see it. Whereas with an a class....

Thats not true for us, but I know what you mean You are thinking of those C classes where the driving seats are two foot below the floor level. The step down for us is about 2 inches, so no view restrictions at all.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

I've also had recent experience of a motorhome with poor insulation.

Does look nice though.

There are of course quality A Class RVs with double, triple or quad slides with more space than any eurovan can offer at a portion of the price.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

John.(y)
The eternal dilemma. RV's have a much higher specification equipment wise than European motorhomes. European motorhomes are better built in the main than American RV's

Most of the RV's that are imported into the UK are entry level, and not built to a great standard.

Our van cost £120K and the first thing that we did was upholster the dinette to match the cream leather of the two settee's and the two Captains seats.

The Settee's are proper domestic style quality bits of furniture, and the Captain seats are extremely comfy electric jobs that electrically slide backwards and forwards tilt and turn. The dinette was (still is really) Four bits of upholstered foam! They were binned and new sculptured memory foam ones were ordered. I suspect that the option is either a freestanding table and chairs or the dinette, which is chucked in at the last minute if you don't want the freestanding table:censored: It didn't even match :LOL:

But the list of toys it came with as standard, is unrivalled with European motorhomes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back