Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I went up on Tuesday and parked in the NEC but I do not think I will bother again, I just get confused in there as it is a mess, too much squeeezed in to the halls and you cannot see what is there as it hides itself. I wandered around and saw a few things that made me think of what to do when I come to buys shortly. I found out today that somebody has bought the Autosleeper I was after so scrub that one.
I did see the Lunar PVC and I do like one of those as it is lighter and still has the features I want. I didn't want to buy a very dear van and take one hell of a hit in 2 1/2 years when I cannot renew my licence and HAVE to sell so I am going to buy a smaller one than my present Chausson.
Talking of which I am frozen as the temperature was -2 in that park and there more draughts in the chausson than a cullender I was distinctly chilly even though the Truma was flat out. Holes everywhere for air to come in. It was not designed around winter living. Good job We have military maggots to sleep in. As there were no Hymers there apart form the Lowdens stand We went to Travelworlds Depot after to see their show. Most of them were sold and very few more coming in now as the orders are closed for this year. Hence they ar keeping very hard prices So I will not be getting one of those, EVERYTHING is an extra on those as the Germans way of selling exports is that if you want it it is extra. A basic model Hymer does not exist , they all have extras on them when ordered so add a lot more thousands on and then a few more for delivery and PDI. What do dealers do for their margins???? nothing other than order them it seems.
I will got to the show at Lincoln and see what is there and get a few days out as well.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Are the majority of Motor-homes at the show with Garages?
I don't really know if there is a majority either way as I haven't really monitored it. There are plenty without garages though - we don't look at ones with transverse beds and we have looked at quite a few vans :)
I will got to the show at Lincoln and see what is there and get a few days out as well.
Outdoor shows tend to have a majority of second hand vans. The October NEC show has a lot more vans than this one.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Me & Jo arrived yesterday late afternoon .nice too get back out in the van,first time for almost 4months,and would you believe it I'm full of cold:( anyway we are parked next to Eddie & Lyn (Van-Bitz) the only other MHF van I have seen is Graham (GJH) .we are here for 2 days.not really to look at motorhomes but a couple of other things ,one being the new a-frame from LNB in bristol .supposed to be excellent quality,very lightweight and very efficient braking.Also Jo wants to take in a couple of the cookery demo,s which she enjoys.just about to tuck into bacon,egg,sausage & mushrooms before going up to the show(y)
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There are plenty without garages
Nice to hear, Manchester was almost devoid of anything without. While I can Understand the attraction. they don`t suit our needs, and I always question having a Huge space behind the Rear wheels, tempting people to load it with potentially heavy kit. Allied with the potential danger of rear wheel overload plus loss of traction to the front on FWD units?.

Pete

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Me & Jo arrived yesterday late afternoon .nice too get back out in the van,first time for almost 4months,and would you believe it I'm full of cold:( anyway we are parked next to Eddie & Lyn (Van-Bitz) the only other MHF van I have seen is Graham (GJH) .we are here for 2 days.not really to look at motorhomes but a couple of other things ,one being the new a-frame from LNB in bristol .supposed to be excellent quality,very lightweight and very efficient braking.Also Jo wants to take in a couple of the cookery demo,s which she enjoys.just about to tuck into bacon,egg,sausage & mushrooms before going up to the show(y)
Brian & Jo
I pop a plate out through the window for my breakfast lol

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Oh and whatever you do don't spill any water on the floor

Having been here several days, we needed to dump and fill

Being typical Caravan Club, there is one tap with four adapters and grey and black waste is carted over to a tank, lifted up and poured in

After four trips with grey water, my fifth and final hose came off the fill point. And I spilled some water on the bone dry, block paved car park

Not overly concerned I commence filling the van using three 25 litre cans which I pump in. Liberally sprayed some fresh water over the accidental spillage and almost as if materialised from the spillage, this gnarled little creature manifested itself to bollock me for spilling water!

I explained that the fill hose had popped off and that I had been making numerous journeys backwards and forwards to the waste water tank, and was told that he "Didn't expect anything different from some one like me"

It seems that the Caravan Club still aren't comfortable with Motorhomes in their midst

I apologised to @Brian and Jo who said its only a bit of water! And he is right, although someone with thinner skin could have been upset but the OTT reaction

It's time Motorhome Fun did the Motorhome parking at the NEC, they certainly do the best rallies and meets

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Sorry Eddie it was so nice no leftovers:LOL:
Brian & Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Oh and whatever you do don't spill any water on the floor

Having been here several days, we needed to dump and fill

Being typical Caravan Club, there is one tap with four adapters and grey and black waste is carted over to a tank, lifted up and poured in

After four trips with grey water, my fifth and final hose came off the fill point. And I spilled some water on the bone dry, block paved car park

Not overly concerned I commence filling the van using three 25 litre cans which I pump in. Liberally sprayed some fresh water over the accidental spillage and almost as if materialised from the spillage, this gnarled little creature manifested itself to bollock me for spilling water!

I explained that the fill hose had popped off and that I had been making numerous journeys backwards and forwards to the waste water tank, and was told that he "Didn't expect anything different from some one like me"

It seems that the Caravan Club still aren't comfortable with Motorhomes in their midst

I apologised to @Brian and Jo who said its only a bit of water! And he is right, although someone with thinner skin could have been upset but the OTT reaction

It's time Motorhome Fun did the Motorhome parking at the NEC, they certainly do the best rallies and meets
What I actually sad Eddie was "drop a bit of black that should really get them going":LOL:(y)
Brian & Jo

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
.... I spilled some water on the bone dry, block paved car park

Liberally sprayed some fresh water over the accidental spillage and almost as if materialised from the spillage, this gnarled little creature manifested itself to bollock me for spilling water!

I explained ... and was told that he "Didn't expect anything different from some one like me"
Eddie I appreciate that this didn't bother you but I think you should actually report this incident as it will certainly upset others.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's the Caravan Club they don't listen or care
Not if you don't tell them they won't ... you being such a mega 'bitz' god surely they'll listen to you!!! :D

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You lot parked up in the camping area made a load of noise in that marquee keeping me awake in the main carpark over the fence.
Question how do you knock tent pegs into the tarmac ? That is what CAMPERS DO isn't it. or do they only want caravans there.

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Just returned from a day a NEC, we used the copy of the tickets and went through different entrance points, wife went straight through and my man was muttering about neding to go to the Caravan Club desk to obtain my ticket. I went round to where wife went in and waved straight through. CC goody bag was a damp squid mostly leaflets. Managed to get a new filter housing from Truma filter and some water shields for the TyrePal valves that seem prone to malfunction letting rain seep into the threads. Some nice vans but nothing I fancied with a Renault front end. Fiat seem to have cornered the market.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have some idea where Eddie is coming from. Many times when Marshalling Rallies in the 80`s 90`s I had the get really anti with some who thought that a 70+ year old guy with mobility issues could hoist an even part full "Cassette" or old time Toilet to empty into a tank 4ft above ground.!! We always tried to get permission to lift a Sewer Lid and Make provision for the (then) "odd" Motorhomer. Disposing of Grey too can be an issue IF the point is raised too high. AS for R-V`s? Forget it!. Probably the reason I have not "rallied" for many years now apart from my twice yearly efforts on the Pickering Show-ground, Country Music weeks. In May and August, and the infrequent "Show" when I feel the urgent need for some obscure reason to spend lots of "dosh" on stuff I will probably ever only use a couple of times!

Pete

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have some idea where Eddie is coming from. Many times when Marshalling Rallies in the 80`s 90`s I had the get really anti with some who thought that a 70+ year old guy with mobility issues could hoist an even part full "Cassette" or old time Toilet to empty into a tank 4ft above ground.!! We always tried to get permission to lift a Sewer Lid and Make provision for the (then) "odd" Motorhomer. Disposing of Grey too can be an issue IF the point is raised too high. AS for R-V`s? Forget it!. Probably the reason I have not "rallied" for many years now apart from my twice yearly efforts on the Pickering Show-ground, Country Music weeks. In May and August, and the infrequent "Show" when I feel the urgent need for some obscure reason to spend lots of "dosh" on stuff I will probably ever only use a couple of times!

Pete

Same problem on many sites , CLs etc with an old toilet or other receptacle two or three feet off the ground. Not easy with a tote tank or full cassette.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You lot parked up in the camping area made a load of noise in that marquee keeping me awake in the main carpark over the fence.
Question how do you knock tent pegs into the tarmac ? That is what CAMPERS DO isn't it. or do they only want caravans there.
Glad we never bothered with the marquee. We could hear it from in the van, well away, must have been lip reading only in the marquee.

Nice to see @DuxDeluxe and @Debs today - just after Jill had remarked about not seeing anyone :D

EDIT - spent less than ÂŁ30 all told - 2 coffees, 2 cokes, C&CC tickets today and some salami. Accessory stuff either not needed or overpriced. Still a nice trip out though.

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
Curious to know?. Are the majority of Motor-homes at the show with Garages? It seems that every show ONLY has M-H with garages and beds you need ladders or steps to access. Great for the fully fit, but absolutely NO use to anyone with serious mobility issues!.

One of the dealers at Manchester, as I was Browsing asked if there was anything I fancied, and I took it up with him, his answer was "they are the most popular". His particular stand had ALL "Garages" not one My wife had any chance of accessing.

Pete
look at the Rimor europeo 69+ it has an island bed that is electric and comes down to normal height

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Glad we never bothered with the marquee. We could hear it from in the van, well away, must have been lip reading only in the marquee.

Nice to see @DuxDeluxe and @Debs today - just after Jill had remarked about not seeing anyone :D

EDIT - spent less than ÂŁ30 all told - 2 coffees, 2 cokes, C&CC tickets today and some salami. Accessory stuff either not needed or overpriced. Still a nice trip out though.

Graham, we all had a lovely lunch in Wetherspoons - such a shame you weren't around to enjoy it :p

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It was nice to meet you both Graham @GJH .....have to say I wasn't that impressed with the Wethers there (the upstairs one).......and we do like a Wethers:D

Had a quick chat (when we could get near) with Ash on the Vanbits stand about an alarm which we'll get sorted.

P.s. @DuxDeluxe thanks for lunch :*

Reactions: GJH

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
.....oh yes... @Judge Mental ....silly question & I'm just curious Eddie....how come the German shows are so much bigger please?

Are there that many more foreign manufacturers , are there that many more models????? Do they show them all??

Cheers

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Same problem on many sites , CLs etc with an old toilet or other receptacle two or three feet off the ground. Not easy with a tote tank or full cassette.

I tried using the macerator once, when I had the R-V. and was Really Desperate after a week on a Country Music Venue. Managed to "take the top off" and give myself another couple of days but pumping "Poo" uphill is not recommended!. In the end I went off site, after ringing round on my Mobile at great cost, and paid a camp site owner to let me dump!.

Pete

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
It was nice to meet you both Graham @GJH .....have to say I wasn't that impressed with the Wethers there (the upstairs one).......and we do like a Wethers:D

Had a quick chat (when we could get near) with Ash on the Vanbits stand about an alarm which we'll get sorted.

P.s. @DuxDeluxe thanks for lunch :*
@Dawn B, Dawn, Dux is buying lunch, you said he was mean, how cruel are you to say such things ??

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
It was probably all Les's fault,....a bit slow getting the wallet out:rolleyes:.....we'll he'll buy next time.:D
If you're at Peterborough she'll follow you around, come to that, so will I

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
If you're at Peterborough she'll follow you around, come to that, so will I
Not doing P'boro but admit to Chester.....if you're around:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.