A club? (1 Viewer)

SwiftHenry

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
I chatted to a nice young lady on a stand at the Peterborough Motorhome Show on Friday afternoon. She talked about a motorhome club callled motorhome fun. We are members of the MCC and was told this fun club is a similar club but better. Is this a club or is it just another forum of which their are plenty, most being free too?

Henry

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you have had a good look round surely you don't need to ask the question::bigsmile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
First welcome to the Fun

IMO it is more than that .
Its whatever you want it too be.

great people loads of help.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is this a club or is it just another forum of which their are plenty, most being free too?

Henry

No, this is the world's premier Swift Owners support group.

We will hold your hand when your foot is through the hole in the floor. We will offer towels to dry the leaks. We will stand by your MH while it's door is being renewed. We will tell you how to strengthen your bed.

We are special.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
This is without a doubt the Premier site of all sites. All you need to know is here. Freindly, Informative, knowledge in abundance, Advice when you need it, So you decide. We did & never looked back :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As non-rally members (yet), we poked our heads into the Marquee to have a nose and were warmly welcomed. Thank you very much!
We almost had a cup of tea at the stall but the kettle refused to boil, however it was not through lack of trying.
We are also in another friendly club and have never been able to understand the rivalry, so like others we hope to enjoy the best of both worlds which seem to both be populated with nice friendly people who enjoy a good laugh.
Alan

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I chatted to a nice young lady on a stand at the Peterborough Motorhome Show on Friday afternoon. She talked about a motorhome club callled motorhome fun. We are members of the MCC and was told this fun club is a similar club but better. Is this a club or is it just another forum of which their are plenty, most being free too?

Henry

I don't see it as a 'club' in the conventional sense.. there is no Chairman, Committee, Secretary or any of the other trappings of a 'club' .. which means there are no elections, no jockeying for positions, , no arguments ..

We are a Circus...

we have clowns, jugglers, bare back riders :Eeek:, jokers, acrobats, all manner of performers.. .. and last but not least.. Jim.. The Ringleader.. ::bigsmile:

yes we have subs.. but tell me of another free forum that is as lively and has as many benefits as belonging to the Fun family ..

most of the free forums are little more than hobby sites.. and are about as much Fun as a wet day on Blackpool beach

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The subs are well worth it. I got far more than my money back with the discount at meets and various dealers.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As far as subs go, we had a free coffee and tea at the Fun stand at Peterborough a the weekend. It would have cost half the tenner annual amount to buy the same from one of the catering vans. Add in the show discounts and others available and you soon get your money back :Smile:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Unique forum community with real live people, lots with many years of motorhoming experience, ready & willing to help & advise plus if you are a paid member with the discounts on accessories on Johns Cross website & Vanbitz the membership fee is soon recouped many times over. Where else would you get help within minutes when you need an emergency dentist in Morrocco?! A member needed help & several answers with contact details were posted in no time. We understand that the rallies are genuinely friendly & fun too - we are going on our first one this year! Lots of us spend some time on here everyday as it's quite addictive but always interesting & informative - so many useful hints & tips. We look at other forums too but haven't felt any of them were good enough to join so have a read of the posts & you will soon see if you being a Funster would suit you.:Smile:

Last edited:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Is this a club or is it just another forum of which their are plenty, most being free too?

It's pretty much what you want it to be. In general, the more you put into it the more you will get out of it. :Smile:

Some Funsters are happy just to read and post on the forums - and some might only ever just lurk, reading posts but not posting themselves. Others like to get out there and meet one another - have a chat, make new friends, maybe share a meal, have a sing-a-long, play games, whatever floats their Funster boat. ::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"NOT"

A

Club

Just

One

Big

"HAPPY"

"Helpful"

"FAMILY"

:thumb:

...And a Warm welcome to you...

:welcome:

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
We are members of the MCC

Henry
I remember the MCC, they were the ones shouting abuse and foul language at anyone who drove past their camp at last years Northern Show. The roads were dusty but the marshalls were directing people down the road past their camp.
Also who chooses to sit right next to the road in a group.
:winky:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
For anyone this is a good £10's worth just for the advice, to learn from everyones questions about everything and to see the fun comments, I have never been to a meet/rally yet but maybe sometime I will and get to meet all the fun comedians:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's an expensive forum, compared to the free ones, or a cheap motorhome club compared to, say the MotorCaravanners Club.

For me the 'club aspects' have always been at the fore. However we have plenty of ralliers that never post, and plenty of posters that never rally, so I suppose it's both.

1. Easily the most active and comprehensive motorhome forum in existence.
  2. One of the friendliest rallying clubs around with the emphasis on Fun; rather than the frowning which seems to be the order of the day for clubs parked next to us:roflmto:
If you are after 1, 2 or both, this is the place to be:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've learnt more on here than I would get from hours of browsing the interweb, reading magazines or telephoning for info here there and everywhere. I've also saved way over my subs in discounts at John's Cross/Fiamma shopping at the Peterborough Show just last week.

A great community with plenty of laughs, banter and serious threads from A frames, gassing, motorway aires, grey water disposal and everything motorhome related, or not, you can shake a stick at.

Oh, and welcome. :Smile:

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans

Henry

SwiftHenry MotorhomeFun is more than a club, its an education.............. in more ways than one :Eeek:

Best yearly Tenner you will ever spend :thumb:

voyager 1

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Durham Tees valley
Funster No
MH
c class Swift voyager
Exp
30+yrs
Many moons ago i was about to join the MCC

They were supposed to be a family friendly lot. As i approched there tent at the Peterboro show to join at the time.
My grandson who was with us was aged about 6 and he was a little bit noisy . One of the people who were manning the tent said to the person beside him, obviosly thinking he was out of my ear shot, [ see what i mean little children should be seen and not heard].
That set my back up and i told him were to shove there club and walked away,

Since motorhome fun started.it is great its i mine of information not just for newbies but also the seasond veteran as well i don`t post much and as yet havn`t rallied with other funsters, but i feel that i would be made most welcome, grandson and all {by the way he is 20 now and not noisy at all } allthough he still comes with us to all weekends away, holidays and shows, but he comes under his own steam now he is a big biker he rides a yamaha fjr 1300
.I look forward to reading the forum posts every day and if i think i can offer any usefull answers i do . Have met Jim a couple of times over the years and he is a realy nice chap and am realy pleased that he started motorhome fun NOT CLUB.:Smile::Smile

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Whats great about motorhomefun

Well I could write a book on it but I wont so here are a few things that I love about it

1. I always get back more than I have paid in subs

2. It doesn't matter what question a person asks on the forum, someone somewhere will have an answer

3. If there is a funster in distress or in need of help they always get it.

4. There is no pressure to join in or not join in either online or at a rally or meet.

5. Everyone is welcome no matter what age, or what type of disability etc

6. It doesn't matter whether you have money or havent tuppence to rub together and it doesn't matter whether you attend in a tent, and old caravan or a motorhome. There is no hierarchy and no clickiness.

Bearing in mind how large motorhome fun has grown and is still growing, I think it is a great compliment both to Jim and every funster that all of this still applies :thumb::thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
No, this is the world's premier Swift Owners support group.

We will hold your hand when your foot is through the hole in the floor. We will offer towels to dry the leaks. We will stand by your MH while it's door is being renewed. We will tell you how to strengthen your bed.

We are special.

Yes with the best Swift Dealer as a member :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Ps and of course Autotrail and AutoCruise Motorhomes

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
It's pretty much what you want it to be. In general, the more you put into it the more you will get out of it. :Smile:

Some Funsters are happy just to read and post on the forums - and some might only ever just lurk, reading posts but not posting themselves. Others like to get out there and meet one another - have a chat, make new friends, maybe share a meal, have a sing-a-long, play games,[HI] whatever floats their Funster boat. [/HI]::bigsmile:

WE Got a Boa
t:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:??

Yes with the best Swift Dealer as a member :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Ps and of course Autotrail and AutoCruise Motorhomes

Who is He Peter?:winky:

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
My husband wanted to join when he saw the bacon cobs, and boy, has he had his money's worth !!! ::bigsmile: Ann and Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back