A businessman has been sent to prison for supplying a customer an unsafe campervan (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
A businessman has been sent to prison for supplying a customer an unsafe campervan. After the Crown court sentencing was delayed 5 times, Paul Finney was finally jailed for 38 months after pleading guilty to 16 counts of fraud and 6 safety breaches.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We've seen first hand some of Mr Finney's work, the Citroen camper we completed 18 months or so ago was started by him and it was a catalogue of errors when it came to us. It was so bad I had to rip out 3/4 of what he'd done and start again.

D.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We've seen first hand some of Mr Finney's work, the Citroen camper we completed 18 months or so ago was started by him and it was a catalogue of errors when it came to us. It was so bad I had to rip out 3/4 of what he'd done and start again.

D.
Only 3/4 ? Wasn't all bad then:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
In this case, I think the word 'Businessman' is a very poor choice of word.
In my book a Businessman is in this world to make an honest crust by trading in a legal manner.
This man was out to take peoples hard earned money by shoddy workmanship to the point of danger to the people he did 'Business' with.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Only 3/4 ? Wasn't all bad then:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The storage spaces inside the rear doors and the wardrobe inside were about all that didn't get redone. He built the lounge on a raised floor section using decking timbers to frame the raised floor section. He put the fridge in the wrong position and hacked half of the vertical sidewall joint stiffening away to accomodate it. He put new 12mm plywood floor straight on top of original ply lining floor which was rotten in places and when I lifted that floor the steel floor was badly dented and covered in a 1/2 inch layer of what appeared to be congealed animal fat, it was not good or nice.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back