A bit odd....Don't you think? (1 Viewer)

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
After some serious soul searching we have decided to sell our beloved American Rv:frowny:

Due to my dear wife's terminal illness we can't plan the way we used to due to hospital appointments,treatment etc.

Trying to get on camp sites this time of year with the Rv was nigh on impossible as all the larger pitches have been booked months in advance.

Anyway....As time is precious(Literally)We haven't waited to sell the Rv and have bought a 2012 Autotrail Chieftain.A cracking motor and a great layout in our opinion and the previous owner had the optional leather interior and a satellite dome fitted.

Yesterday I spent all day trying to fit a tv in the dedicated place in the bedroom.Could I get a signal....could I hell !!!!!!:madder:

After lots of "effin and jeffin "I decided to see whether the actual sockets had been "wired" and......they're not !!!:madder:

I would have thought when the dome was fitted they would have wired in satellite socket for the extra tv in the bedroom!!

After speaking to Nick at Adventura Motorhomes in Highbridge,
I'm taking it over to him next Tuesday to see what can be done....Even Nick commented that it was unusual for the fitters not to have wired it in.
I'm hoping the original socket can be used as I don't want another socket and trunking fitted and it looks like an add on !!

Apparently the previous owner never had a tv in the bedroom so was non the wiser !!:smiley:

Hopefully Nick will sort it.(y)

Regards

John P(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not the reason you would want for changing the RV, but good luck with the new van hope the TV is sorted and you and your wife enjoy getting out and about in the Autotrail, and here's hoping for a Indian summer so it can be enjoyed.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John. Sorry to hear such sad news about your wife. Good idea not to wait to sell the RV as sometimes they can take a while to sell. Enjoy it now.

As an aside, your Chieftain is 1' 3" longer than our RV :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Very sorry to hear about your wife.

I am sure the van will get sorted quickly and you can then both enjoy it.

Good luck.

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Point taken Jim:LOL:

Our way of thinking is we can use grass pitches if we want now,Never fancied them with the Rv especially in this country !!

We've done the American thing for ten years now so time for a change.Also....most importantly Civita(my wife)fell in love with the Chieftain !!!!!;)

Regards

John P(y)

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Very sorry to hear about your wife.

I am sure the van will get sorted quickly and you can then both enjoy it.

Good luck.

Thanks Chris.

We're certainly not the only people in the world thats going through this but when you get told that your Mrs has three years to live unless there's another treatment found you can imagine your world tends to fall apart.

My philosophy at the moment is...whatever she wants she gets !!!!!:D

Hence the bloody telly in the bedroom !!!!!:D

Regards

John P(y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hiya John,
Hymer Joe here :RollEyes: good luck with your Auto Trail and hope it works well for you both, does this mean cornettos :rofl:.
Take care both (y)

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
More of a wine bar Larry........Too much competition now you've joined the ice cream sellers !!!

Regards

John P(y)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Wishing you and your wife much happiness in your new van.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hugs to you both.

Enjoy the Chieftain!
upload_2015-8-6_17-27-2.jpeg

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi John
Wishing you both all the best with your new motorhome and hoping you get loads and loads of use out of it. Sending positive thoughts and best wishes to Civita and let's hope a treatment can be found soon.
Andrea & Mike.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hi John, wishing you joy in your new MH. Sorry to hear about your wife's prognosis.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks Chris.

We're certainly not the only people in the world thats going through this but when you get told that your Mrs has three years to live unless there's another treatment found you can imagine your world tends to fall apart.

My philosophy at the moment is...whatever she wants she gets !!!!!:D

Hence the bloody telly in the bedroom !!!!!:D

Regards

John P(y)

Never give up hope John.

My father in law was given 12 months to live over 5 years ago.

New treatments are found all the time .

Fingers crossed for you both(y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
My Dad was given months 10 years ago, at 70 he still continues to go to work because "they won't do anything if he's not there supervising", he has had 2 retirement parties but won't stop work, he has ordered a new motorhome, booked to go away with us at the end of August, he is living it up at eurodisney atm, and he wants to see his grandchildren married and he wants to hold his great grandchildren. He won't give up mind over matter - positive thinking.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Wishing you and your wife lots of happiness and exciting travels in your new motorhome ..... and for a very long time to come!(y)

redjohn151

Free Member
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer b534
Exp
I'm a newbie
I can't say anything other than hit the road and cover some miles and stuff that bloody memory box until it's bursting.
You are and will be in my thoughts
I won't be sad I'll just be overjoyed that you are both making every second count.

Love to you both

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Just wanted to send my best wishes to you both in your adventures together.....hope you get time to cover many, many miles in your Chieftain. Jacky x

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Sending you both my love. What can you do except keep hope and make the best of it and it sounds as though that's just what you are doing.

All the very best.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back