A Big Thank-You..... (1 Viewer)

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
...To Margaret & Bill (MHVirgins) for the heads-up on a great little site in Roslin :thumb:.
We took our four day whistle-stop tour the week leading up to Easter and spent one full day and two nights there.
Great position for catching the bus into the heart of Edinburgh, which we did and spent most of the day wandering around The Royal Mile.
We also visited the Roslin Chapel which was the main reason for the trip.

On the way up we took in Fountains Abbey (winning back a third of our annual National Trust subs into the bargain :thumb:) and spent a night at Catterick on a small farm CL.

We also landed at Lindisfarne but timed the visit wrong for the tides so didn't have time to look around unfortunately :Doh:.

On the way back down we skirted Ullswater and visited the Lakeland Motor Museum at the foot of Windermere before stopping over in Ingleton to visit friends and set up camp on another farm CL.

On the way back home we had planned to try the famous Wetherby Whaler fish 'n' chips but after half an hour trying to find a parking space we gave up and headed home :Sad:.
I'll remember not to go there on a Market Day next time.

All in all though, a great proper first outing in our LT PVC.
Roll on the next on...:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I visited Roslin chapel last year and stayed at the CL about 100yards away. I had to join the CC specially for this trip but it was worth it. Visited the chapel on 4-5 days as there is so much to see. Meg enjoyed chasing the rabbits in Roslin glen every morning.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
...To Margaret & Bill (MHVirgins) for the heads-up on a great little site in Roslin :thumb:.
We took our four day whistle-stop tour the week leading up to Easter and spent one full day and two nights there.
Great position for catching the bus into the heart of Edinburgh, which we did and spent most of the day wandering around The Royal Mile.
We also visited the Roslin Chapel which was the main reason for the trip.

On the way up we took in Fountains Abbey (winning back a third of our annual National Trust subs into the bargain :thumb:) and spent a night at Catterick on a small farm CL.

We also landed at Lindisfarne but timed the visit wrong for the tides so didn't have time to look around unfortunately :Doh:.

On the way back down we skirted Ullswater and visited the Lakeland Motor Museum at the foot of Windermere before stopping over in Ingleton to visit friends and set up camp on another farm CL.

On the way back home we had planned to try the famous Wetherby Whaler fish 'n' chips but after half an hour trying to find a parking space we gave up and headed home :Sad:.
I'll remember not to go there on a Market Day next time.

All in all though, a great proper first outing in our LT PVC.
Roll on the next on...:thumb:

Glad to hear you had a great time in Edinburgh, I've only just come across your post as I browsed through the UK touring thread:thumb:

We're hoping to go back up later on this year, our son and his wife live in Inverkeithing and we'll go back up in late August and meet up in Edinburgh. Unfortunately the Roslin CL is full at the time of the festival/fringe, so will need to find somewhere else to stay.

We have always stayed at the CC site in Marine Drive, but probably won't use it again as Roslin is ideal:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back