A Bed Quandary. (Looking For Advice) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Tootles, I had a terrible vision of "the elephant" losing its footing !!
It would all go very dark for you very quickly !! :ROFLMAO:
Oh, its happened!! The elephant bursts out laughing, whilst the seal ends up looking like one of those red things elephants (used) to sit on at the circus.......:cry::cry::cry:

I fancy an island bed.

The problem with putting the bed lengthways down the van, is that after 4 ft, the toilet on one side and the wardrobe on the other makes the corridor, width around 2 1/2 feet. A 4ft bed long bed wont work, even for Midget Seal, which I'm not! :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Tootles, as a lot of people have said, have a word with Terry ... I have to speak to him on the phone tonight re an e bay item, as he is away from home all day today, would you like me to mention it to him? He can sort all those problems out for you no probs.

PS you don't need to have an op to not be able to leap up and down ladders!! Why do you think I got a fixed bed... :)
Thanks Joy, that would be great if you could mention it......(y)(y)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if it a regular u shaped lounge there's two options slide out from one side to bridge the gap or permanent bed that lifts from one end on struts the slide out will allow you to use the lounge but involves bed making each night
if you want the lift up you could use a metal framed wood slatted bed frame from any bed supplier or like mine which i found on ebay for a tenner

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
How about getting Mrs Tootles to run up some curtains which could be attached to the lower outside of the van, enclosing the wheels &c.
Tootles could then sleep under the van on a mat with absolutely no need to climb anywhere.
Mrs Tootles could then sleep anywhere she damn well likes.
See, all it takes is a bit of lateral thinking and everyone is happy.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I just told her that.......(n) Death by Kilverts Lard for you, mate.........
That one has gone straight over my head, it has a faintly Northern edge to it, any translation/explanation would be gratefully accepted.:whistle:
And over mine. I didn't wish to enquire too closely into the fetishes of Lancastrians.

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
That one has gone straight over my head, it has a faintly Northern edge to it, any translation/explanation would be gratefully accepted.:whistle:
Really FAT women in Lancashire are manufactured from Kilverts Pure Lard mate. You bump into one in the street, you look like a rejected chip pan.

lard.jpg

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Really FAT women in Lancashire are manufactured from Kilverts Pure Lard mate. You bump into one in the street, you look like a rejected chip pan.

View attachment 54930

All is explained Holmes...................I can now relax and count my toes..................11, 12;)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
My Hymer 534 u shaped lounge, i ditched the table in favour for a fold away type., then 12mm ply board which i pull away from under the back cushion making a great double if needed. good luck in your search for the perfect comfort.(y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Motorhome beds seem to be the pits, My rear double has not enough room to roll over without hitting the cupboards along the side cannot sit up as the cupboard above your head knock you out, the roof stop you sitting up. and it is four foot high off the floor. Climbing over the Wife require dexterity and during the night in the dark is dangerous. Now I sleep in the lounge she sleeps up top we both sleep and both have enough room. With a low roof/high bed SEX would be difficult even for the very young, but I don't worry now I'm too old for that she says.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

View attachment 54930

ONLY YOU could get away with that Tootles....:Eeek::doh::doh::doh::wine:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
So, if you're converting the rear lounge to a permanent bed, does that mean you also need to convert the over-cab area to a lounge? :LOL:

I'd have thought that would be an even bigger project...

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Climbing over the Wife require dexterity and during the night in the dark is dangerous.
I know just what you mean!! :( Don't let anyone tell you that you cant burn your bum on a 12 volt ceiling light! :cry::cry: By the time I get to the summit, I have to switch on the oxygen. :) And during the day, you can see for MILES from up there!!. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tootsy, what MH have you got ... I can then have a google and see if I can come up with a solution ... failing that ask Techno as he likes messing about and tinkering with MHs!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back