Nov 21, 2010
Newark
Funster No
MH
hightop camper
Exp
15 years
Hello
Have you got experience of having an LPG tank fitted underneath? e.g. who did it and about how much? It has been suggested £750 by a well known supplier ; which I think is a bit steep!
Thanks Andrew :winky:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We made enquiries about having an underslung LPG tank fitted whilst at the Peterborough Show. We were quoted £700 - £800, supplied and fitted. We decided to stick with our Gaslow system.

Brisey.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My last Hymer had a tank already fitted and it was the best ever. It even had a take off for a BBQ.The price seems fair, and the gas locker becomes extra storage,maybe that could be the wine cellar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hello
Have you got experience of having an LPG tank fitted underneath? e.g. who did it and about how much? It has been suggested £750 by a well known supplier ; which I think is a bit steep!
Thanks Andrew :winky:
We had our underslung tank fitted by Autogas2000 Ltd whose advert you will find down the right hand side of this page.

Ours was fitted very professionally and to a very high standard.The tank is supported by a purpose made steel frame and not just steel bands (known to rust away) like some.

Apart from the convenience of just topping up lpg whenever we want, there is a contents gauge in the cab, the gas is cheaper and we now have a spare locker where the bottles were.

The price you mention is about right but give Chris a call ..... he don't bite and he is extremely knowledgeable!

Brian

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We had our underslung tank fitted by Autogas2000 Ltd whose advert you will find down the right hand side of this page.

Ours was fitted very professionally and to a very high standard.The tank is supported by a purpose made steel frame and not just steel bands (known to rust away) like some.

Apart from the convenience of just topping up lpg whenever we want, there is a contents gauge in the cab, the gas is cheaper and we now have a spare locker where the bottles were.

The price you mention is about right but give Chris a call ..... he don't bite and he is extremely knowledgeable!

Brian

Its brilliant :thumb: Better than fetching over priced bottles and another locker available:clap::clap:

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
All the previous good advice. However when I changed vans this time I opted for Refillable bottles as these are easily transferred.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
There is a complete system available and the garage would fit it but cannot certify it. They do fit these tanks to council tarmac lorries so do know what they are doing. However as they said you would need to get it checked by a gas safe engineer to appease your insurance company. They are commercial vehicle fitters. In Witheridge. I could give them a ring for a quote if you like.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back