'98 Kontiki 640L Shower room advice needed (1 Viewer)

Rockingdodge

Free Member
Nov 6, 2009
Ross on Wye
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi,

I have a 1998 Kontiki 640L which I live in during the working week so it's well used.
I've found cracks in my shower tray in various places arund the gutter area, the tray does seem to have quite a bit of flex in it.
As I have had the 'home for 18 months I can't say whether the cracks have just appeared or whether some of them are pre-existing, but never mind too late now.
I am surprised at how thin the plastic is, I would have expected something a lot more substantial but I guess it's down to weight saving.
The help I need is that this is aThompson moulding and has the wheel arch moulded in to it so I doubt if I will get a replacement. What can I do to fix this or where could I find a replacement?
I could also do with a corner sink as well, it's one with the wings on.

Thanks

Roger

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
98 kontiki

hi try olearys motorhomes they seem to have most things like that ,and are not to expensive.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you can get it out, reinforce underneath where the cracks are with fibreglass matting which will seal the cracks and prevent them recurring.

Put some white foam packing underneath the tray to support it before you reinstall it and it will not flex.

You could also fibre glass some support ribs underneath using cardboard tubes as formers and glass them over

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back