80 / 90 Sticker use in France (1 Viewer)

Lexy Traveller

Free Member
Jul 11, 2008
Funster No
Exp
just started
Hi there
We're off to France in a week and have heard that a there are a few new laws that we need to abide by. one is concerning 80 and 90 stickers on the back of the vehicle ( a three axle 9 mtr coachbuilt) are they really necessary, do u get stopped and fined if you dont have them and where can i buy them?

thanks in advance :)

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
You are right, > 3T500 you need it ! You can buy it in every shop about cars as for example : "Feu Vert", you can find them close to the big commercial area with hypermarket as auchan, leclerc, carrefour

ocsid

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
Funster No
What has happened about the normal basis for vehicles, that if something is legal in the country of registration its legal whilest in another EU country?

i.e. We dont need them on a UK vehicle so the French cant insist we fit them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i never have one on mine .i would argue not required in uk . i would argue anyway, interesting question though. cant see police bothering a uk reg vehicle ,be different if on french plates. cheers

grumps

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
anywhere we like
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 and a bit
we have a 8.5mtr van, and and as it's a fairly new law, and the fact we away for a month, decided its not worth taking a chance. we bought ours off the web at WWW.SPEEDSTICKERS.CO.UK. At only £1.85 each for the 4". It may be money well spent. :Cool:

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
Sorry gentlemen ! But the E.U rules can be modified or "adapted" par each country ! The best example is when you buy a car in France to import in UK or vice versa , you need to pass specific controls before to have the right to drive on the roads.

When you are going in Italy with your bike in the back, you need to have a special panel..
In Spain you need to have two red triangle of signaling etc... the list is very long ! :Doh:

You drive on the "bad side" of the roads :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and we, in all the rest of Europe, drive in the good side, and you do not want to change it ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: but we love you ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, after many years in haulage, I can tell you other european drivers take no notice of our rules and regulations. :RollEyes: Bob.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, if you buy a car in france and its on french plates you just drive it in . if you want to stay in uk then you make the uk regs. yes the countries in eu do make daft little by laws . so when did this french rule on80/90 start to be compulsory for us. never heard of it but have seen the stickers on french reg vehicles . alan

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I just love this bit..................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:

:winky: [/QUOTE] The French highway code stipulates that 80 and 90 stickers must be displayed by vehicles required to drive at the lower limits, however we have been contacted by various members who live in France advising us that this requirement is being ignored, and the French police are not interested in enforcing it. [/QUOTE]

Sound about right.:Doh: Bob.

searider

Free Member
Jun 19, 2009
north lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile,
Exp
3 years
speed stickers

hi lexy, i would fit the stickers if i was over 3.5 ton gvw , to show i was aware of the new lower speed limits that apply,
which may help aviod being targeted for speeding which i believe is being enforced more in france,
rio

OP
OP
Lexy Traveller

Lexy Traveller

Free Member
Jul 11, 2008
Funster No
Exp
just started
hi there
thanks for all the info :)
esp the quote form caravan club :ROFLMAO:

can you tell me how long speedstickers take to ship the orders? we're leaving in less than a week!!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Why would anyone want to travel in a motorhome at more than 90 klm per hr,anyway???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Speed stickers

So according to the CC article a M/H over 3500kgs, not towing, requires three stickers:

Motorway 110

Duel carriageway 100

Single c/w 80

I bet the ferry line shops make a bomb on these when they stock them, and have a poster prominately displayed at the entrance.

Nomadic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back