76 euro a night

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lorger, Apr 29, 2011.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi
    Just started looking at sites in France for the summer and fancied trying the vendee area.
    Well checked a nice Castels site with pools and slides for Sophie and her friend send off for price and it came back at 76 euro a night. I send back asking if they had made a mistake but i was informed it was correct so wont be going there this summer.

Gerry

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Go to Germany.. far friendlier and no where near as greedy in most places

3. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

We stayed at Les Brunelles in Longeville sur Mer last September.
    It has fantastic facilities and takes Camping Cheques outside of main holidays.
    Much less expensive than the one you were quoted even at full price.
    :thumb:

4. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Mags thanks for the link we had that one on our short list will be going school hols but still a lot cheaper than one we looked at.

5. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Bit further south

If you drive a little further south, you can camp next to the river at Bourdeilles, free, swimming pool adjoining, canoe hire adjoining, kids playground, castle, pony riding nearby. Brantome is about 8kms up the road. Caves, boat trips, more canoeing.
    No electric connection but you can always re-charge at my house--about 15 kms Bourdeilles.

• Like Like x 3
  6. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

76 Euros for a campsite!! Is that some kind of record?

I think I would struggle to spend that much in 3 months using Aires.

• Like Like x 1
  7. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

bit over the top

Even by Castels standards that is expensive... Me I would give it a miss.. 20 euros max per night and I expect electric for that as well. This trip over the last 3 weeks I think we paid euros 17 a night max. that was not ACIS and on ACIS euros 15 was the most we paid.

Bob:Eeek:

8. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi
    We wont be going to this site as no way id pay that. Had a look at the site mags sent and looks really nice dont have our exact dates but we are flexi.

Holyberry thank you very much for your kind offer of hook up to recharge our battery, the place you are talking about is it an aire or do you have coordinates so we could have a look on google earth.

Gerry

9. madbluemad

madbluemad

Yes Bob but Gerry wants to go at the height of the season. If I read his post correctly there will be 4 people plus his motorhome. At the time Gerry wants to go the ACSI rates will not be valid.

European campsites at the height of the season are very expensive. I am currently paying 12 Euros per night plus 25 cents a night leccy in Spain. Try doing that in August, not a chance.
    Jim
    :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Parcverger

Parcverger Funster - Campsite Owner

Well, you are not paying EDF prices for electricity, that's for sure! OK, we provide 16A but we certainly pay for it, and inevitably our guests have to pay sufficient to cover this. Even so, we come in at no more than 20 Euros even for a fully serviced pitch that is big enough for an RV - and we give a Funsters discount off of our prices.

If you're interested, we always have space in the peak months because we are not an all-singing all-dancing site that caters for myriads of youngsters - Parc Verger is tranquil and welcomes those who just want to crash out. A typical example is a couple on site now, who came en route to Spain six weeks ago, are still here now and though they have to go back to the UK in a week or so are busy planning their return!

So you do not need to pay a fortune to get onto a decent site - if you are prepared to pay for good quality services (serviced or part-serviced pitches, decent showers etc) you can find them.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  11. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Bob
    Your site looks lovely we are into minds to go to Sarlat area or the vendee so if we go for Sarlat then we will definitely stay with you.

Gerry

12. Parcverger

Parcverger Funster - Campsite Owner

Be glad to see you, Gerry

Bob

13. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Your right Jim.

We have paid as much and more for a campsite in the South of france before now.

When you have to go in the school holidays in a fashionable site with all singing and dancing things, you have to pay.
    However, it's rare we would stay a week in a place like that nowadays. We will have a couple of nights because by your own admission Gerry you say how nice it looks and some really are. If you price it up in comparison to a holiday without a motorhome it still works out cheaper on many occasions and you can use your motorhome for a 100 holidays a year.

Nowadays we tend to use more aires and do what Holly says, Kyack, Surf, Swim, all on a nice Municiple site....
    I have a few cheaper but good slideing, entertaining Kid friendly sites I can share with you. :thumb:

14. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Paul thanks for the offer that would be great if you could do that for me. Sophie likes all the outdoor kind of things abd we are open to any area.
    gerry

15. madbluemad

madbluemad

Sorry Bob
    That should have been 25 cents per 1 Kw at 5 amp. I'm using about 3 Kw per day and 5 amp is plenty for our needs at this time of year.
    Jim