7 essential items you must carry when driving in Spain. (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Certainly need a green card for Bosnia.. And a bit stuffed re the MOT as they are no longer issued on paper are they ? Canna remember the last time I saw one !

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Certainly need a green card for Bosnia.. And a bit stuffed re the MOT as they are no longer issued on paper are they ? Canna remember the last time I saw one !
John, I think you are probably right with Bosnia, because they are not part of the EU. Like Lenny I normally get a paper print out of the MOT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

I had our van MOT done a couple of weeks ago and had a MOT print out-not embossed or anything and on thin print paper but signed off by the MOT chappie. I suppose there is also a DVLA data file of it somewhere(y)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
For years, I only ever carried Copies of the documentation and presented them several times to (Spanish) police (Guardia). They never questioned the fact that they where copies? (mind they where damn good!)

The Originals where kept in the safe. and Once even left at home!. It will be interesting when the latest incarnation of MOT get under way. as they are NO LONGER issuing Paper ones.

Pete

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
H~How about printing you insurance Document on a green paper sheet. That would stop the nit picking person demanding a green card. All my insurance covers me Europe wide but I haven't been there.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Not sure that is correct. On the back of my insurance certificate for the Motorhome it states that cover extends to any member of the EU plus Bulgaria, Iceland Liechtenstein, Norway, Romania and Switzerland. Same with my new Scooter's insurance. I am told I don't need anything more.
Correct - been like this for quite some time. My company car insurance certificate always had something to the effect that the certificate also satisfied the requirements of the green card - in several languages

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back