5ver mover

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by davidjones, Jan 7, 2011.

1. davidjones

davidjones Read Only Funster

We keep our Kountrylite in the front garden. We live on a busy A road. I struggled for some time backing the unit in. Once on the drive I can't turn round because of limited space and I use the Navara solo so must unhitch in a tight space if I chicken out and drive straight in.

Eventually Calder imported a mover for us from California. This works quite well although I admit there's some effort in using it.

I'd like to know whether there are any other 5ver mover users out there & how useful you've found it!

Attached Files:

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

With the space you have there, I would be inclined to take that section of metal fence out to the post & and maybe the next one as well. Which will give you a nice wide entrance onto your property.. :thumb:

Thats what I had done,, we had two brick pillars and reversing in I had about three inches either side of the RV,, I now have a 16ft opening and it`s a doddle even with one of our big trailers on the back.. See my avtar..

Wish I had the level land you have in your front to shunt around on.. mine is about a 1in 4 drop.. :Sad:

3. davidjones

davidjones Read Only Funster

Thanks! I'll think about that. Perhaps I'll end up finding some kind farmer with some space.

My mover works OK but it's rated at 110v 60Hz & doesn't like my 50Hz transformer.
    :Eeek:

4. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

i would go for removing the fence to the rear of your truck in the photo and put in a couple of metal gates and a few slabs.

Thinking it's better to have the 5er on your own property for security

Ian